Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sounds of Joejoe

Last week, we got a complaint (1st time) from Joejoe's teacher. She said that he has been making fighting sounds in class and that this may promote the spirit of fighting among the children. I was surprised, honestly, and naturally, defensive! So I asked the teacher for examples of what are these "fighting sounds" Joejoe is making. She told me a few.
"Ka-boom!", "Blast-offfff!", "Ka-Chow!" And suddenly I realised what she meant! She was referring to the SFX Joejoe's been making! Well, after we left the school that evening, I told Alan that I feel really bad cos now I have to stifle my son's creativity - yes, I do think his SFX is pretty impressive, considering we were worried if he could talk properly when he was younger. And don't all boys do that??? I know his daddy does, and I know my brother does too! So what is so wrong?!!

SIGH

Well, after some thot and reflection, I came to the conclusion that I ought to educate my son when to do what and when not to do what. In other words, there is a time for everything. Schooltime is NOT the time for SFXes, especially in front of this teacher!!! (Sorry! as you can tell, I'm still irked and not fully convinced!) Having to teach my children the need to not be an idiosyncratic deviant but comply with societal-acceptable rules... POOR THING!

No comments:

 
web tracking