Monday, April 16, 2007

Alan's Away & Our first step in sending Meg for classes!

Alan's away at JB with the Pastors for a Commander's Summit.
What this means is the whole group of them will gather for 3 days in a room to talk, rehash, discuss, pray, create, invent ideas and plans for the church and its subsidiaries (CCSS being one of them). What this also means is Alan will get to have 3 days of non-computer access and also cold turkey from his lovely kids and wife. haha. Even up to last nite, while packing, he was showing signs that he would rather not go.

I've always had probs with him going away. One of the perks of his current job is he only needs to go away twice a year. I remember when we were newly weds and he had to travel to US, Vietnam, Bangkok and KL. I cried for every one of those trips. Yes, even the KL ones (and my frens used to tease me for that.) I hate to be alone at home at night. I hate to sleep alone. And now with the kids, it's slightly better (in the loneliness dept) but it also means I've to be mom and dad for these few days.

Oh well... I've promised the kids that we can all sleep in on our big bed for these few nites.
I suppose this is for them, as well as for me. :)
Here they are, just fallen asleep. The mish-mash of colors are from the pillows & bolsters from their beds to mine. :)

On Sat, we finally did something my heart's been asking me to do for awhile. We brought Megan to Eduplus (http://www.eduplus.com.sg) to check out the courses they have to offer. This language school teaches the culture of the Chinese Language in very creative and professional ways. Since Megan was born, she's been showing strength in her languages. She's able to pick up words, new inunciations, past tense, present tense, sentence structures very easily and quickly. And after a year of Chinese speech and drama in Agapeland, we have received v heartening reports from her teachers. So we decided to take the plunge with her and try it elsewhere.

So why am I feeling a little apprehensive to send her for classes? Esp when it seems like everyone else is doing that? I dunno. I always tell myself that we will only send her to classes
that are fun and not academically based. Cos she's still got another 18 yrs to go for school. And I really don't want her to "hate" school from now.

So far, she's gone for swimming and art classes. Both which she enjoyed tremendously. We're praying and hoping that this Chinese class will be as fun as the teacher promises and she will also enjoy it when she finds her place in this new environment. And yup, we will stop once she expresses discomfort in the demands from the classes.

When we were at Eduplus, the teacher put her to a simple test to see what her "standard" is. And I'm a proud mommy to say that my little gal is skipping the 4-5 yr old class and is going
to the 5-6 yr old class!

Will update you on more of this when she's gone for her classes. :)

No comments:

 
web tracking