Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The lost touch of Art & Crafts!

I've never really been an Art and Crafts person. In fact, I think my mom helped me with some of my art class pieces in Pri and Sec school! haha...

The kids are having an Art Exhibition this Sat in Agapeland. Parents are encouraged to do an art piece with their children and submit it for the exhibition. Megan's K1 class theme is Insects. Joejoe's class theme is Birds! GOSH! We started out with an idea to make a spider for Megan's class. Total failure - much harder
than I imagined. Can't get the legs to stick to the body properly. And after using half a roll of scotchtape of those incey-wincey legs, I suddenly realised that I can't paint on the plasticky surface now!! AHHHH!!!! Ok, idea scraped.

Then I decided to lower my expectations and make a caterpillar. Here's how it turned out:



























And we named her "Crawlie". Notice the little flower button on the side of her head and the red lipstick smile? Hee... Not too bad I think! hehe...

Now for the Bird. My sis suggested us making a Penguin. And further suggested us doing a Paper Mache one. haha... I decided there was no need to proof my artsy-deficiency anymore. And so Alan came up with this:

















Hehe... what do you think? You can't qt see the triangular beak of the penguin. But yeah.. it's one.
And she's called " Patty the Penguin".
















And here's a pic of the kids with their new pets. :)

In case you're wondering what their school teachers said, hehe... here's what teacher Rhonda said,
"Mrs Sim, thanks for doing the art pieces for the exhibition! It's v nice, creative and presentable!"

PHEW!!! haha... It's great fun. But I sure hope they'll come up with other themes next time!

2 comments:

Noe said...

Wow! The results look great, really. Well done!

rach said...

oh wow!! their new pets looked sooooo cute & realisitc...sori mr sim, i like sal's caterpillar more...haha...but i like the wings of the penguin...well done, both of u :P

i muz say the 2 pets look very good tog, n even bestest with their owners :P

 
web tracking