Last Sat, I was teaching in a TENet class in church. The topic was "Making a Good Marriage Great". It was a great session, albeit v tiring and my legs taking turns to get cramps while I was talking. I always enjoy teaching classes where participants are participative, responsive, laugh at my jokes, make comments and even those who question me. And Sat's class was like that.
One of the questions I asked them got me thinking (and yearning).
What are the things you've always wanted to do but had no time/money/energy to?
As they were writing down their answers, I came up with a mental list myself.
I'm fast approaching 32, and the list is not showing signs of decreasing. Does this mean I am not achieving anything in life? What a scary thought!
Let me share some of them with you (Not in any order of importance):
- Learn how to make my own clothes
- Go on mission trip with Ps Bea
- Learn baking from a dessert chef
- Learn ballroom dancing with Alan
- Take on Masters in SW back in Curtin
- Go on extended holiday with kids and family (to NZ or LA or HK or sth)
- Learn Photoshop
- Master cycling & maybe rollerblading
- Master swimming properly
- Go workout in a gym or something
- Try out many many new recipes
- Perfect our donuts
-
Perfect our pies Do up BlogShop to sell my PiesVisit old frens like SY & DN- Meet up with old frens and family like SL and LY
Bring mom for Hi-Tea at "Bosses" @ Vivo- Go shopping or lunch with MIL
- Spend some time with Ger & Tommy to catch up
- Go donate blood (it's been 5 months!!!)
- Go to a Lee Hom Concert
- Go to a Steven Curtis Chapman Concert
- Spend carefree time with my sis
- Spend carefree time with my kids
Maybe I don't have enough time, enough energy, enough money.
Or maybe I can just start small first. So which one is the smallest? haha....
Something that's easy to do and has low failure rate.
Maybe something like donate blood! Hee...
Okie, this week I will claim half day off in lieu and head down to the Blood Bank!
3 comments:
hmm...u also came up with a long list of to-do-things...haha...lets see...maybe i can help in a couple of things...like helpin u with cycling, n rollerblading??!!!lets go to east coast!! :P
maybe we can go watch Lee Hom together the next time he comes.. :D
Rach - Let's go east coast to build sand castles instead! hee...
Jadyn - Yeah!!! He promised he'll come back this yr, altho who knows when he means what he says lah! let's go together!
Post a Comment