I look forward to our weekends all the time. Throughout the whole week, I'll be telling myself (and our children), "Ok, I'll do it this Sat." But when the weekends finally come, I end up catching up on things - sleep, housework, reading, more sleep.
Last weekend was great.
It started off with me meeting two of my like-minded colleagues and great frens - Rach & Stel. I can't remember when it was we caught up without having to rush, and just talked about life, about our husbands, about other colleagues, about hair and about putting on weight. I felt so good in their presence. We had breakfast, then to Little India to get our threading done (thank God cos we found a new beautician who did a great job), then to Arab St to get fabrics for an evening gown I'm making. Then we headed to Bugis, and along the way spotted many quaint shops where we drooled over. The afternoon ended with a wonderful lunch at Ma Maison. It's only after that I realised how long it's been since I had some heart-to-heart fellowship, how badly I've been neglecting this part of my self-care! Thanks ladies. :)
On Sunday, after we were done in Church, we were bushed. But because I'd promised Joseph we'll be bringing him for some pizza, we wanted to keep our promise. And so we had super-yummilicious BBQ chicken supreme pizza at Pizza Hut. While eating that, I suddenly felt a surge of creativity to try cooking oven-baked rice. And so I did! It was yummy. :) Well, at least the most important people in my life liked it. Check it out!
The butter rice at the bottom was a little wetter than I'd wanted, but still, we love the great fresh taste of the prawns and chicken.
hehe.
Love cooking!
Can't begin to describe how wonderful it feels to see three happy faces at the dining table gulping down the food I'd created.
Have a great week ahead frens!
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment