Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Have Decided...

For those who know me, will know that I'm quite nuts over my kids. And I've never ceased to thank God for the 2 precious gems. And.. and... I'm ever so thankful for God for ministering and speaking to my kids. I'm thankful for DiscoveryLand in church and Agapeland their childcare.

It was the end of the day and I was in the kitchen, putting the clothes into the washing machine (and it was piling up). And all of a sudden, a small - a small sweet heavenly voice, travelled through the air and reached my ears...

"I have decided, to follow Jesus.
I have decided, to follow Jesus.
I have decided, to follow Jesus.
No turning back, no turning back.

The world behind me, the cross before me.
The world behind me, the cross before me.
The world behind me, the cross before me.
No turning back, no turning back."

And then I heard another sweet heavenly voice joining in the chorus...

"I have decided, to follow Jesus.
I have decided, to follow Jesus.
I have decided, to follow Jesus.
No turning back, no turning back.

The world behind me, the cross before me.
The world behind me, the cross before me.
The world behind me, the cross before me.
No turning back, no turning back."

I started joining in and started worshipping God in the kitchen. And then 2 small heads popped from behind the wall, and looked at me and gave me the million dollar smile. And the Sim-trapp Family Singers started the whole chorus again.

Of course I took the opportunity to ask and clarify what they mean when they sang the old hymn and using the song, started my little devotional sharing - what it mean to follow Jesus? to love each other, to care for each other (even though sometimes our friends can be mean to us and say awful stuff), to love and take care of your sister (and brother)... to have the cross before me (to stay focus on Jesus and to love Him)... that the cross reminds us of Jesus who died on the cross for us but now He's alive ...

And Joe Joe made a profound theological comment - Jesus is God and Jesus is everywhere (omnipresent) right Daddy? Nodding his head, with his big round eyes staring at me...

That's right my son. That's right. But Jesus is also in our hearts. Is Jesus in your heart Joseph?

Yes Daddy... and Megan interjected - we prayed before already Daddy. We ask Jesus into our hearts.

And off they went - "I have decided, to follow Jesus. No turning back, no turning back".

Heavenly Father, I ask that You will continually put Your heart and Spirit into Megan and Joseph and may they grow up to have a personal relationship with You. The baptism service last Sat reiterated the fact that being born into a Christian family (2nd generation Christians) does not guarantee that our children will know You and have a personal relationship with You. May Sally and myself continue to model for our children what it means to have a personal relationship with You, to read the word of God, to spend time praying and talking to You (on our knees or be it in the kitchen doing our chores and talking to you and praying in the spirit). And may You mould their lives Master Potter and that they will grow up to be resolute disciples of Jesus Christ. No turning back, no turning back. I commit my children to you. Amen.

1 comment:

Fi Oh Na! said...

Amen & amen to what God is doing & speaking into the lives of your young ones!

How powerful childlike faith is. If only we adults can be like the little ones more often! :)

 
web tracking