I did 4 things recently. And while I laugh about them, I am equally appalled at the fact that I actually let them happen. HAHA...
1. Because we don't like GIRO, we prefer to drop a cheque in the bank for our car payment every month. In Bishan central (where we reside), there is an UOB and an OCBC branch situated next to each other. Last week, I was rushing (what's new) from one errand to another, I probably walked with my eyes closed. I didn't even notice that I'd walked into the wrong bank, and dropped the cheque in! And a few days later, I was wondering why the cheque hasn't been cleared. And then Alan received a call from OCBC to say that we've dropped a cheque into their deposit box addressed to United Overseas Bank Ltd!
2. One evening two weeks back, I was picking my kiddos up from their kindy. My son happily ran to me and told me, "Look mommy, I'm not wearing my underwear!" Shocked, I asked him why. And he cheekily said, "Because you packed ZeZe's panty in my bag!" GOSH. It took me 3 secs to register what he said. I turned and looked at the ever-so-cool Megan. She nodded. And I asked, "So you're not wearing your panty too?" And she said, "No... I'm wearing the old one." BooBoo No. 2.
3. Thank God kids are so forgiving. Last week, I was driving my kids home after school and suddenly, Joejoe let out a giggle. Then he said, "ZeZe, today I napped using your blanket! I like your blanket!" To which, Megan replied, "Ya lor. Mommy packed our blankets wrongly. But it's ok, I like your blanket too!" Then they laughed and laughed. No. 3!
4. I was looking around for a pasar malam cos I needed to get some stuff there. My colleague Stella called me that there is one currently in Toa Payoh. I obviously wasn't listening carefully to what she said after the words "Toa Payoh"and assumed it was where the library is (cos it's always there!!!). When Alan brought Meg for violin lessons, I took Joejoe to the pasar malam. We walked and walked - no pasar malam in sight.
Guess what Joejoe said, "MOMMY, are you blur blur again??? Can you call Aunty Stella pls?" Imagine his face with that exasperated expression and his arms on his hips, telling me that. And so I called. Well, as it turned out, it was situated opposite the TPY swimming pool. HEE.
Oh well. Times like these, I ought to learn to laugh at myself. :)
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
1 comment:
heh heh no worries Sally! I do have these "siao" times too!
Your sharing is quite hilarious. Yes kids are super forgiving! Tink God made them tat way! *phew*
Post a Comment