Turning 33 tomorrow.
It's not that I feel old. I don't, really. It's just a different kind of feeling to be in my thirties. It bugged me more when I was just turning thirty then now. I've just been thinking how not to let my "thirties" be just a period where it's over and forgotten. You know, like when I'm in my fifties, and I look back at my thirties, will I remember what I did and said and had gone through?
Megan said she's prepared 33 presents for me (cos I gave her 6 for her birthday just last month)... wonder what they will be? haha... Joejoe is the practical one. He said he'll just give me 33 kisses. >melt<
Can't help but ask myself - What have I done that's significant? What kind of person have I become? What achievements can I call my own? Am I rich? Pretty? Successful? Wise? Does my mom and dad still worry for me? Will my hubby still find me wonderful? Do my kids see a mommy that's more and more interesting and will I still make it to their best friend's list? haha...
Josh told me about a song by Corrinne May, titled "33". I goggled it and got to hear it. Yeah, I'd forgotten that the year Jesus was crucified, He was 33 too. What a meaningful song (considering I am not quite her fan). :P
33 by Corinne May
Feels like a milestone being in my thirties
Friends become mothers and fathers with little ones of their own
So and So's a doctor, a lawyer and accountant
So and So's got married, they've got a lifetime ahead
A beautiful lifetime ahead...
33
The age that You died for me
Now here I am at 33
33
You crowned it with Your life upon a tree
the mystery of Your love for me
We could've been schoolmates, studying together
We could've had tea and scones and talked about our day
You've walked this path before me
Leaving clues to guide me
You're thirsting for someone to show a little care
You're hidden in faces everywhere
Everyone's got a song to sing
It doesn't matter how short or long
Just let each note ring
so long as we're in this skin
33
The age that You died for me
Now here I am at 33
33
You crowned it with Your life to set me free
The mystery of Your love
The mystery of Your love for me.
Yup, brand new year of my life. I will continue to let every line that finds its way to my face be worth it.
I will chase after God . I will love Alan. I will cherish every precious moment I get to spend with Megan and Joseph. YAY! I'm 33! :)
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
2 comments:
Happy happy birthday! (didn't know ur bday is so close to ours!!)
I can totally identify w ur post! 33 - year of great significance!
Have a superb year ahead! Praying God would increase ur capacity to be a power wife & mummy, and increase His anointing & wisdom to be His power servant!
Happy Birthday!
Hi JH,
Yeah! A blessed birthday to you and Ed and Nicole too! :)
Thanks for your wishes and blessings :) Let's all run another great year for Him!
Post a Comment