It's Joseph's 2nd year into art classes. We get immense joy seeing what he produces from art class each week. And we beam with pride each time we become proud parents showing off his art pieces to our family and friends. haha... I imagine my colleagues must've thought that I'm so xiao my son lor. :P
But honestly, his handwriting has also improved tremendously after his started on these classes. I'm not sure what holding the paintbrushes helped with his handwriting, but we are very pleased to be seeing him getting his letters of the alphabets, like p, d, j, q in the correct directions and being so neat.
Art classes are taken at Rus Art Studio @ Braddell. The teachers - Rus and Wee Ping, are fellow Trinitarians and they are really great with kids. I can't imagine how anyone can be that patient with little 4-5 year old preschooler holding paintbrushes. haha. The good thing about learning art here is, all the supplies are provided for, so Joseph just turns up in his apron (so that his clothes won't get paint) each Wed afternoon. Every school holiday, they run a holiday programme and kids who take part get to do stuff that are really out of the box. Once a year, there is even an art exhibition where the kids get to showcase their masterpieces to family and friends. :) This year's will be in November!
Here are some of Joseph's paintings which are up on Alan and my office walls. The last one being our current fave. :)





Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
4 comments:
These are awesome! I am so proud of Joejoe too! I like the boat drawing and love his initials on his work. So special. =)
Hmm ... Think I should have Jav take a shot at the art classes? He can't hold his pencil well still. For a boy with immense strength, his strokes are weak. He's holding like the Chinese calligraphy style. =S
It's only for 5-12 years old huh? Urgh.
Thanks Noe!!
Oh, @ Rus', they can start art classes from 4 year old. Younger than that, they'll be taken on case by case basis. I remember seeing a kid that was almost 3, but he was really really talented. Check out their website...
Do they only do water color painting?
Hi Ariel!
No! In fact, the 2nd painting with the swans is a piece of Charcoal Art.
The 4th one with the bridge is acrylic painting on canvas. He just finished a piece with clay. :) So lots of different experiences.
Post a Comment