Friday, July 03, 2009

Home Time

We've successfully kept both kids indoors for 6 days since we came home on Sunday morning from Changi Airport! It was a pretty daunting thought - having to cook three meals (with what seemed like endless in-between snacks) for this number of days. I know many many mothers do that on a daily basis, I'm sure it's more manageable for them. It's not that easy for me cos I also had to cope with working from home for a couple of days and the e-learning stuff that Meg had to keep up with during this weeklong absence from school.

Oh well. Praise God for seeing us through. We will be celebrating our release! :D One of the best things that had been extended from our Perth holidays was that we had been faithful with our family devotions every nite. It has been great. Alan and I take turns to tell them a story from the Word and the family prays together. This has not been existent in our family that regularly - I should say it's been purely on a "need-to" basis and it's also been a desire for the Alan and I to really built up the family altar. I'm REALLY happy it's happening!

Alan took leave today to relieve me - and I am thankful for that few hours I can just pop out for a breather. It felt great to just drive and walk around. Then I came home and decided to make Siew Mais! :) It's easier than I thought. Here they are!


You might be wondering why I used the green bento sauce container. That was to help me shape them, flatten their bottoms and stuff as much filling in as I can. I like FAT siew mais. I know that they'll all look nicer if I had some crab roe thingy on the top. But I didn't have them and if I bought them, I wouldn't know what else to do with the lot! Next time maybe. :) I'm giving a dozen to my parents and the rest is for our brekkie tomorrow! (Yiyi, next time make some for you ok!) The last day of our stay-home week! :)

1 comment:

rach said...

*slurp slurp*, all the food u do seems so yummilicious :P

 
web tracking