I'm finally unemployed. Happily.
The last few months of working in CCSS went quicker than I thought it would. One funny thing was that my dear PC, which was having fainting spells occasionally decided to konk out at 5:45pm on my last day too, right on time, after I've deleted all my personal emails and documents. I dunno if it's been revived, but I am thankful for its loyal service for the last few years. :D
There were not many colleagues around on the last day of the year for me to bid farewell to. But I'm glad that some of them were there. Blessed me with a little present and a big prayer. It was sorta like a closure for me, and for them, especially the ones I'm leaving behind, so to speak.
There are still mornings when I wake up and would think that I have to travel to work in the afternoons after dropping the kids. But I can't quite say I missed working yet. Yeah, I miss the friendly banter with people in office, the challenge of counselling my clients through their toughest problems. But I think I am ok to leave it for now.
It will take some getting used to, however, to not see steady income coming into my bank account each month. Budgetting is a whole new ball game now cos it's one income, and two more mouths to feed (Evangeline's and the domestic helper who's arriving).
But God is so good. He provides in ways we cannot imagine. Alan was rewarded with an extra bonus at the beginning of the year. The first thing we did, was to fulfill our Faith Promise 2009, something we'd really really wanted to do. Now it's been done, WOW, the feeling is FANTASTIC. And we are thankful we can be a part of God's work for His house in PL.
Blessings continue to pour into our household in different shapes and sizes! To date, we have been showered with the following for Baby Van: A stroller, carseat, cot, co-sleeper, snugglenest, sling, rocker, gym mat, sterilizer, pacifiers, diapers, nappies, bottles, lots and lots of clothes, mittens, booties, shoes etc. I've been blessed with lots of nursing clothes and related items too.
Blessed to the overflowing! THANK YOU, you know who you are!
Van's currently about 1.8kg and in her 32nd week. Gynae said it'd be best to keep her in till at least week 37. So that's probably till end Feb. Wonder how she looks like and who's personality she'll take after... :)
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment