What were some of your childhood dreams?
My earliest one (as far back as my memory travels) is to be a "Singapore Girl"...
haha... cos I always had people saying to me, "So tall, should go and be an air stewardess".
Oh well, that didn't come to pass, for a host of reasons... mostly after I realised how pathetically airsick (and boatsick, carsick, bus-sick) I always am.
Then I thot of being a businesswoman, a Feminist (haha - but they can't get married!), a good mommy to my children...
Why am I talking about dreams?
My son just told me that he wants to be firefighter - after being inspired by a firefighter he spoke to at an SCDF exhibition we went to. A few days ago, he wanted to be a racecar driver (inspired by Pixar's Cars), a few weeks ago, a marine biologist (inspired by who knows what!).
From his mommy's point of view, the thot of him being a firefighter is shocking! Not sure how the mommies of all the firefighters feel... hopefully v soon, he'll be re-inspired! :P
Megan on the other hand has fixed her aspiration since early this year - a chef. She knew how much mommy dearest loves onions. And in her pretend play time, she would creatively come up with imaginary dishes that contains onions - like chicken onion rice with tomato sauce, onion and sea-stix pie, onion cha-soba. haha... I have a feeling she'll stick with this dream of being a chef for a while longer than Joejoe's. :)
Now I'm a wife & mommy, I'm also a senior social worker / counsellor. What else am I dreaming of? Oh... lots! haha. I dream of having a 3rd baby. I dream of breastfeeding her in my arms again. I also dream of starting a business with alan as my business partner. Something that can sustain the family financially as we continue to fulfil the not-so-ludicrous calling of working for a VWO. Something that will bring us closer with a common purpose and inspiration. Something that will signify our mustard seed faith in God our Father.
I also dream that one day I can really see my ILs as my own parents and vice versa. Sometimes it seems to be better, they seem to be interested and genuinely cares for the kids and us. Other times, just one look, one thing they say, the choice they make as priority over us... all contributes to their disinterest and the non-reason for our being in their lives. How do you go on loving someone who doesn't love you no matter what you try to do??
I keep on dreaming.
So what's your dream? If you're still reading this (haha), keep dreaming!!! Don't stop yeah!!!
God bless!
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
2 comments:
i dream of seeing my parents respond to Jesus..
of having greater income so i can travel, go bible school, go more mission trips...
owning my own mini cooper/march..
of marrying a godly man and having a great family like yours :D
My childhood fantasy was to be a superhero,used to love transformers headmasters,or 1 of those anime sword fighting ppl. Save the girl and the world at the same time! :)
As i grow up i realize its not possible so i become counsellor help ppl also mah ahah.
But i dream to be on stage singing to thousands who are lost and need the msg of jesus christ! woo high!
I dream to be in the midst of disasters to lend a helping hand, to cry, to freak out, to be weakly helping out those in need!
But of course being a hospital HOD psychologist is cool too ahha!
Post a Comment