Last nite we celebrated CCSS 10th Anniversary at a dinner event.
Perhaps we were too caught up with preparing for the event, didn't feel much for it at first.
But as we watched the nite unfold, watching the videos, listening to the speeches,
looking at the hoardes of guests, lots of emotions started to flood inside of me.
I grew with CCSS. Here I was given lots of opportunities to learn, to grow, to find
comfort and security despite being "pushed out of my nest" - as it were, doing things
that was new and scary, like giving talks to groups of 100s...
I saw colleagues come and go. I sat through many farewells and felt that terrible
feeling of "oh, someone is leaving again". I also welcomed just as many, telling them
over and over again that what made me stay is truly the family feel of this office.
This kind of bonding really cannot be easily replaceable.
I would feel a sense of injustice when people criticise us. And would feel on top of the world
when we finish a project wonderfully that might seem insignificant to everyone else.
We stubbornly stick to one another in gatherings with the church because we don't care if people say we're "anti-social" or "cliquish". We just prefer each other's company more.
Our colleagues are like frens, family and sisters/brothers... who weather through good times
and bad - how blessed am I!
Ask me if I'm paid well now that I'm a Snr Social Worker/Counsellor. The answer's no.
Ask me if I love my job and relish its challenges, some times more than others.
Ask me if I still get satisfaction from mending someone's marriage, or counselling someone's
child out of his behavioural problems, or teaching a group of parents how to discipline their children -- YES, altho it diminishes in the years of my servanthood here... haha.
So, thank God for His lavishing of favour over us, that we might do what we do, love who we love, help who we help, in His love, power and grace. And yup, like the MC (William Xavier - Mr X) says, at least 10 more good years~!
Thank you Lord, for my safe harbour of CCSS! We pray we have made you proud!
:) Sal and Alan
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment