Friday, December 08, 2006

硬颈一族: Stiff Neck Generation

A few days ago I woke up with a stiff neck. What this means is that my neck's swivel is affected, can't turn to my right at all. And my shoulders are stiff like crazy... badly needs a massage!!! haha...
This is the 4th time it's happened this year (I think).
Frens around me are more or less telling me that I'm in this state becos of my pillow.
But changing a pillow is no small matter! I lurrvvve my pillow! It's soft, fluffy and endearing to me.
My kids love it too. Because they like to lie on it and smell mommy :)

But I tried! I tried shopping around and trying for one of those oddly shaped pillow known as "support pillow".
They are so unfriendly, I feel so unnatural lying on them and truly, I can't imagine enjoying my sleep with them.
So I'm back to my dear pillow, for its comfort and loyalty.

God called some of the people in the Book of Exodus, "You stiff-neck generation". He was angry at them, He wanted to destroy them. Like a dear fren told me, God called them this because they had stubbornly chosen to live in disobedience to God, in spite of warnings. Sometimes I do wonder if there was something in my life that God is talking to me about... about being stiff neck... hmm.

Now the pain and the stiffness is no longer there, thanks to God for His healing. And to the auntie at the massage place who claimed I had lotsa wind and blockage (due to cold drinks, late showers). oh well. Chances of me changing the cold drinks to hot ones, late showers to early ones, is not too high. But I am definitely going to be doing a spiritual "spring cleaning" to see if my neck can be softened for better malleability for the Potter's use.

Have a great week my frens!
Sal :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe nothing to do with the pillow lah,i think lah my interpretation ah.
Is you need more breaks,time alone with yourself :)
Like your massages and all.
Pamper yourself!
You are doing great Sal,really,best boss in the whole wide world,and not just cause you have been my only boss ever ahah.
Love you lots as a person not just your kids lah :)
Nonsense 2 different things.
Hehe just because i spend time with some other people doesn't mean i don't care or miss yah k?
Hehe i got my own evil agendas for doing so which i need to get rid of dododod....
Haha but then again i love Joejoe and megan ahha so happy to see them waving frantically and screaming Unc Josh!
Hehe and nvr forgetting the man of your life hor!
Though he man of little words ahah but got lots of "liao",or in english carry alot of weight and wisdom!

Anonymous said...

Alan n Sal - whatever it is please do know this. You are both doing great in giving yr best to Meg n JoeJoe, to CCSS and to yr extended family. And I believe God is pleased with you both.

I was reading Acts 28 - and there was a verse in 15b which said: At the sight of these brothers, Paul thanked God and was encouraged.

Like Paul - we may have had some bad hurricane storms, 'unplanned' shipwrecks - the works! But I believe Paul was mindful to thank God and was encouraged because he was reminded of 3 things:

1. God's clear and resolute call upon his life. [Acts 26:15-18 / Gal 1:1]
2. Paul's desire to be in Rome [Rom 15:22-2]
3. God's assurance to Paul that he will never be alone [Acts 18:9-10]

Alan & Sal - as you prep for the new year - know these 3 things:

1. God has called you both [no 2nd thots about it]
2. Remember your desire to be a part of CCSS
3. You will never be alone. Not only will God be with you - but God will rally special people like Grandparents, Unc Josh, ChrisJo, ElaineMengHee and of course Aunty B and many many more to walk with you thru this journey!

Have a great 2007!

Love
Pasta B aka Aunty B

 
web tracking