Friday, December 15, 2006

Wait wAit waiT!!!

10 Days to Christmas Day!
The tree is up at home and more than just deco for the house,
it also has the amazing ability to bring a sense of excitement and warmth
to our hearts each time we turn on those chasing lights on the tree.

The kids and we have received some presents already... and it's truly agonising for
the kids to put their wonderfully wrapped presents under the tree. Each time
they receive a present, it goes to the foot of the tree. And we repeat the same line,
"Can only open on Christmas Day ok!" But they ask, "How many days more?",
"but we already have so many presents, can't we open one first?", "But it's Christmas Day today already!" haha... their way of reasoning - hoping we'll give in.

So cruel, I think, to constantly tempt them - cos the presents are just there!!!
So near and yet so far! A fren mentioned it's a good way to teach kids and adults alike the meaning of WAITING.

I dread to wait. Don't like it. I seldom will wait in line just to eat some food that's reputed.
But God often tells us to wait. Wait til the right time. Wait till you are more ready. Wait til your head is big enough to fit the crown. This command, coming from the Father, is easier to swallow sometimes. Sometimes it's just too tempting to just run ahead of Him. I imagine Him telling me to wait, just like I tell Meg and Joejoe. ARGH!

What are you waiting for in your life?
A dream partner, a pay-rise, a baby, a windfall? haha..
I'm waiting, for time. For a time when I can wake up with perfect eyesight (lasik),
waiting for alan and i to get the chance to do our masters,
waiting for megan's eyes to be healed, for joejoe to be ready to be a Gor gor,
waiting for our parents to love Jesus, waiting for our Project Mustard Seed to take flight! haha... lotsa things.

In the meantime, I think I will train myself up for the waiting game. While waiting for more important things to come, I will wait patiently for Christmas to come, so that I can join my kids to rip open all our presents!

Hang in there my dear frens! Rejoice as we celebrate Jesus!
Sal :)

No comments:

 
web tracking