Monday, March 12, 2007

People Who Irk Me Successfully

I am known to some as a person who is quick-tempered. And those who are close and dear to me will also know that I don't usually hesitate to tell people what they do wrong (boon and bane character of mine). But there are some people who have successfully irked (READ: Angered, irritated, sickened, disturbed) me and today's post is dedicated to them (not that they will ever get to read it lah!).

1. Uncle A who is a father of one of Megan's classmate. His son just joined Meg's class this year.
And the 1st time he saw Meg, he already commented that it's so sa-yang that she's got to wear glasses at such a young age (comment made in front of Megan). I took pains to explain to him the reason behind this. He looked like he understood, but obviously I was wrong! He commented the 2nd time a few weeks later. And I patiently explained again. And guess what?!?! Just 2 weeks ago, he commented for the 3RD time! And this time, he pointed to Meg's face and said, "Aiyo, so 'yum-gong', so young wear glasses. must be watch tv too much lah!" GOSH!!! What's wrong with these pp? So I told him that I've already explained to him before about Megan's condition, and if he still didn't understand, then pls discuss with me as a parent, and not point to my Princess' face and make a derogatory and hurtful comment like this!!! He then said, "Aiyo, I see already I also v scared mah!" In hindsight, I really should've said something like "Oh yeah, you should, see when will be your son's turn lah!" IDIOT!!!

Megan after that (with some degree of wetness in her eyes) asked me if that Uncle was talking about her eyes. ARGH!!! Can't stand pp this him! What's his big problem?

2. Nurse B. She stays on the 9th floor of our block and works as a nurse in Mt A. The reason I know is becos quite often we start our day waiting for the same lift in the morning and she would be wearing her nurse uniform. She never smiles, never says hi, never looks as if she recognises us. And that's still ok. BUT, she never says THANKS! Even when it's Meg and Joe pressing the liftdoor open for her to exit first. WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE's MANNERS?

One way I counteracted rude "LiftPeople", is to say loudly in their presence to the kids "Isn't it strange that some people forget their manners and don't say thanks when we hold the door open for them?" Some will embarrassingly say thanks to the kids later, others will pretend they dont understand what we're saying. ARGH! They ought to know that holding the door for people is not a granted thing. They don't do that for us! Sigh, sometimes I really wonder how to teach our kids manners in a graceless society like this!

3. The Grouch at the supermarker cashier. These aunties look like it's our fault they got a job! When they have finished scanning my items, they don't even tell me how much I owe them, taking fully for granted that I can read the cashier amount myself. GOSH! Once I went to a hypermart at PS, and was served by a young lady and that's what she did to me. I gave her a $50 note, she took it, took my change and left it on the counter despite my hand reached out towards her, waiting to take my change. So I told her, "You'll look nicer if you had a smile on your face." She looked at me with a shocked face, and said "I've been working a 12 hr shift. V tired." So I said, "But still, it's not me who asked you to work these long hours, you should tell your supervisor and not me, I'm your customer, the least you should do is say 'thank you' when you take my money from me". Well, did that work? NOPE! She just continued with the next customer. And guess what the rest of the people in my line did? They had no reaction! Double GOSH!

I really can go on and on. Like the auntie who tried to get me to buy an MLM product and told me that it was a pastor who started the business. SO WAT? And when I told her I am not interested, she told me, "Ok lah, your life wat. See when you want to choose real freedom and not be bounded anymore lor! huh!" Ridiculous rite?

Or like the Uncle Barber who cut my son's hair and cut his ear. When I asked him what happened, he said, "who ask him to move? how to cut?"

Sometimes, people really just need to learn how to say, "PLEASE, THANK YOU, I'M SORRY!"

ARGH!!!

1 comment:

rach said...

wah! looks like some1 had a serious verbal diarhoea huh?? haha, these pp seems reali irky man!

 
web tracking