Always feel very thankful when Good Friday draws near. Especially after watching PASSION.
Some scenes stayed in my memory, but in a good way, cos I welcome reminders of His act of love for me each and everyday of my life.
But wanna count my blessings today. For some significant people in my life.
First for Alan, my partner "in crime" for the last 7 years.
Gosh, it feels like a short time but 7 years sound like such a long time.
Here's some ways he shows his love.
- If he walks in front of me, he always looks back to help me down a flight of stairs.
- Before we sleep every nite, he fluffs my pillow until it's so FAT (not that it makes a diff becos I fall fast asleep on the average of 5 secs every nite) and tucks the blanket in for me.
- He peels prawns, debones fishes, gives me the best parts of the chicken and picks out the lard pieces in his hokkien noodles (my instruction for obvious unhealthy reasons).
- He enthusiastically participates in activities I love, for eg: ebay (he takes photos of my loot), jewel quest (even tho he is really bad at it!) and Canto DVD serials (he's not v proficient with his canto yet!).
- He never ever complains about me buying things and spending money, not even once!!! Serious!
- He willingly looks after the kiddos so that I can have some quiet time to myself, go out with my frens, spend a ridiculous 4.5hrs rebonding my hair or watch my fave Canto show!
- He embraces and never ridicules my idiosyncracies and those of my sis, frens, or anyone remotely related to me.
- He protects me as his "wife" when the kids are rude to me.
- After 7 long years, he still makes me the envy of many wives out there. :)
Counting my blessings huh, yup, he's a BIG one.
Then, it's my ILs. They used to be monster ILs. REALLY.
These days, they are nice. And nicer!
I never expected them to say sorry, for how they treated me in the past. And I'm glad I don't always feel like they owe me something. Cos that would make me real miserable, I think.
Yesterday I brought the kids back to theirs without Alan for the 1st time.
They responded when I greeted them, asked if I have had dinner, pushed the dishes closer to my side of the table, asked about my mom, sat and watched TV with me. Nothing mushy, just being comfortable in each other's presence, instead of what it used to be, to have to find something to talk about, blah. :)
My Mom.
Since when did she become one of my best friends? I dunno. But I know I feel comfy enough to tell her stuff. Sometimes I need advice. Other times, I just needed that very biased support that only a mother can give her daughter. She'd tell me, "Aiya, dun care lah! Of course you're right!" Haha. It just feels great to have someone stand by you, regardless.
Ever since she had her cancer episode (and the Healer has since healed her! Amen!), I've been wanting to spend more time with her. Haven't always succeeded in that. But I've tried my best. ARGH!!! I really want very badly for her to receive Jesus!!! Will look for opportunities intentionally, cos I dun wanna wait til the death bed!
Wanna also thank God for reviving a dream. Sometime back he gave me a vision of a business that I will start, it's to be called "Mustard See Comfort Food". I sold quite a few of my shepherd's pie during Christmas last yr. Then it cooled off (I guess the potluck season is lulled).
But just this week, I was asking God if I've heard Him wrong re MSCF. And I just received my 2nd order of shep's pie from ebay! Thank God for speaking to me that He is still at work in this arena! God is goooood!!!
Lastly, my kids. These little people who take my breath away on a daily basis. Honestly, I've never known or met anyone who's love for me is so unconditional (except Him, of course) and unwavering. I love every bit of them. And I can only pray I've been and will continue to be a mommy worthy of the role God has given me to look after them on His behalf. Like the song "Butterfly Kisses" go,
"With all that I've done wrong, I must've done something right! To deserve a hug every morning, and butterfly kisses at nite."
And Thankful I am!!!
Thank you Lord, for dying for me and loving me - however many mistakes i've made!
Have a great day remembering Jesus on the cross and celebrating Jesus risen from His tomb on sunday!!
Love,
Sal
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
3 comments:
wow.. so blessed to read your reflections... =)
Thanks for reminding me... the depth of His love for me!
Thank God for life's simple pleasures indeed.
Ha ha ... So you got your hair rebonded already! =P
Thanks leh, Zegie, for singling me out as one in the family with the most idiosyncracies ;-) but it's true!!! It's really pretty amazing how Alan is so cool about how I am so increasingly fei4. Hahaha. =)
Post a Comment