Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Our Precious Butterfly :)

Sorry we've been silent for awhile! It's been busy like crazy! :P

It's the month of May again.
5 years ago this time, I was heavily but happily laden with our first-born Megan. She is extra-special to us, because we had wanted a baby really badly. And after the episode where we nearly lost her, she is truly our Pearl of great price (the meaning of "Megan"). She has such a unique character - so one of a kind. :) After 5 years, her character has really unfolded.


















When we were dating (some 10yrs ago), Alan and I were very drawn to a song - "Butterflies Kisses" by Bob Carlisle. I remember him saying then that if he were to have a daughter, he'd sing this song for her at her wedding. haha. Yup, then we had no idea our daughter were to be Megan. And so today's blog is dedicated to our precious butterfly - Megan. This book, of the same name, was a Father's Day present to Alan. But it's really Megan's story. :) Read on! (only a part of the book is featured here)






"You were the tiniest baby. You wiggled and giggled when I held you in my arms. You were my precious daughter, and I loved you from the very beginning. And I thanked God for you."







"When you took your first pony ride, you were very brave. But I could tell you were a little afraid and I walked beside you. You held my hand so tightly. You were always Daddy's little girl."












"You were the funniest clown at the costume party. Your red rubber nose fell into the punch. Of all the kids, you laughed the loudest!"









"On Father's Day you drew a very creative picture of me. And you didn't even get upset when I thought my head was a potato. You were always so much fun!"










"You were the prettiest angel in the Christmas pageant. You sang out "Glory to God in the Highest!" I had to give your mom my handkerchief. I there there were eleven angels, but I only saw you. You will always be my angel.













"At bedtime we knelt beside your bed, and you talked to Jesus.









Silently I thanked God for you. And for...
Butterfly Kisses."







"At the dance recital, you were the most graceful ballerina. You floated across the stage like a butterfly and landed perfectly on your toes."










"When you slid into home plate at the big game, the umpire called you "out". You were the toughest shortstop. You skinned your elbows and choked back tears. You always tried your best."










"Because of your new braces, you couldn't chew bubble gum anymore. But you made sure that all the other girls had plenty. You have always been a great friend."











"Several more years flew by and you weren't a little girl anymore. I noticed that sometimes your mom let you wear a dab of her perfume. Or borrow her tiny gold earrings. I wasn't ready for you to grow up just yet.











It's always tough for a dad to let go."










"I walked over to you, my precious daughter. You smiled and put your arms around me. You fluttered your eyelashes on my damp cheek. And I thanked God for you. And for..."









"Butterfly Kisses..."

This story translates into our love, hope, affection and delight in our little princess.

:)

Love you SweetiePie!

 
web tracking