Greetings from Takashimaya Coffee Bean!!! haha... This is something I've wanted to do for a long long time. Blog and surf at a coffee joint. Haha...
Well... if you've read the last blog posted by My Daddy, he's decided to take a day off to rest - just to chill out and most important of all - go shop for a lovely present for his lovely wife, who's birthday is coming up in about 2.5 weeks time.
It's really quite therapeutic to be alone, sit down with a book and a cup of coffee or laptop and read/surf. (Sal - I will make time for you so that you can chill out and I'll take care of the kids). :-)
Anyway, I started with Centrpoint (then realised that I forgot to bring my Robinson's card. So, off I went to Paragon and then to Taka)... the good news is I found the gift for me lovely wife. And I couldn't resist but told her I got her a birthday present already... hahaha... so much for keeping secrets and surprising her on her birthday (which incidentally, she won't be on leave but at the TCA Symposium on Addictions.... She's addicted to our kids... especially Joseph's polka-dotted pillow called Billy - I think that's how mom spells it and Megan's contagious laughter and her trapezium-shaped pillow called Lo-Lo... :-) Anyway, I hope she'll like it.
I almost succumbed to temptation - to buy Joseph a Transformers toy figurine - Automus Prime... The hero of the cartoon and soon-to-be-released movie. I guess maybe subtly it's for me cause I grew up with this cartoon. I remember when I was much younger, I'll rush home to catch the cartoon ... TRANSFORMERS - More than meets the eye... hahah... well... I'm organising a boys night to watch the movie. Think it'll be Chris, Fleming and John. Wonder who else would be interested to join the big kids...
The coffee @ Coffee Bean somehow tastes amazingly awesome. Hahah... I can't remember when was the last time I bought one Grande or Large Latte. I've been really really disciplined with myself and have not indulged myself in either Starbucks or Coffee Bean. 80cents coffee from the coffee shop is good enough for me. Except that with Paya Lebar, it's hard to get a cup of good coffee. oh well...
What a satisfying day... at least I've achieved what I set out to do. And most important of all, I walked with God today. It was really great walking and talking to Him, worshipping Him while I walk. And the 2 songs that rang throughout the day in my head are: -
1. Think about His love... Think about His goodness. Think about His grace, that brought us through... For as high as the heavens above, so great is the measure of my Father's love. Great is the measure of my Father's love.
How could I forget Your love... How could I forget Your mercy... You satisfy... You satisfy... You satisfy my desire. Great is the measure of my Father's love.... lyrics slightly changed from He to You... personalising the song...
2. And the other The Way That He Loves..... of course, I half forgotten the lyrics but I just hummed the tune the whole afternoon.
Thank you God for this rest day... and thank you Sal for giving me this space to recuperate. It's your turn now... :-)
checking out...
Blessings to everyone!
My Daddy.
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment