Thursday, July 26, 2007

D-I-L-E-M-M-A

Alan and our kids are the best things that ever happened in my life.
I would never trade them for anything or anyone else.
In a tele-conversation with my mom yest, I told her this,
"结了婚7年了,这7年来,不是他为我忙,就是我为他忙。要不然就是我们为孩子而忙。
到了这个年纪,很自然地便会开始想一想,自己到底要得是什么? 下半辈子该怎么过?”

Recently I've been thinking about my life. To anyone looking at me, I guess they'll just see a busy wife, mom of two, working professional. I seem to be busy enough. But there's been a godly discontentment arising in my heart. I really want to throw in a few more balls into my juggling load. I dunno if I can still keep them all up in the air. I know it'll be like a ripple, and it'll affect the people around me, like my Alan, my kids, my mom, my sis, my colleagues. I know. But if I don't do it now, then when?

Often when I'm with my thots, I wonder if I'm selfish. Selfish to want more for myself. Shouldn't I keep my energy, my money, my time for what I already have on my plates? Yesterday I spoke to a dear friend. He told me something different. That I am not selfish enough. That I'm not thinking enough of what I want. Is that true? Is it rite to sacrifice and expect sacrifice from people around me just so I can achieve what I want? What is the right time?

So what do I want?

I want our 3rd Baby - as planned, Elizabeth (we hope for a girl!) should arrive 2009.
I wanna do my Masters in Counselling (which means I have to fulfill a bond).
I wanna take time off from work to be with Megan and Joseph when they're in primary school.

There are many more. But slightly more frivolous in comparison to these mentioned. I am struggling to come to terms between the war of practicality, self-actualisation, capability & dreams fulfilled.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pray for me when you remember me!

2 comments:

Noe said...

That's a lovely name, Elizabeth.
Yes, I understand this mental battle perfectly.

By the way, you are tagged - http://our3js.blogspot.com/2007/07/tag-8-random-facts-about-me.html
=P

D said...

hmm... sorry bt just had this verse in mind as i read ur post, "Delight urself in the Lord & He shall give u the desires of your heart"...i'm sure when u set aside time & effort to pursue some of the things u want, after u've sown so much for Him, u'll reap more than u ever imagine!

He knows even b4 u ask of Him..=)

 
web tracking