Thursday, August 30, 2007

This is where we belong

Recently I've been thinking. We've been in TCC for the last 11 yrs. Been serving faithfully as leaders for just as long a time. Have been plateau-ing for a while now. Is it time to move on? Do I agree with everything that's going on in church? Will we grow more in another church? Ok ok, I can imagine some of you starting your speech on faithfulness and that same ol' sermon about our personal growth should be our responsibility and not the church's... haha... Keep on reading to find out the final decision ok? :P

We visited City Harvest some weeks back. Yes, it was great. A great church, anointed worship team, fantastic speaker to which we were really blessed out of our socks with. The kids loved the children's church. We enjoyed the experience. The one-sunday experience. But something (or Someone) was nagging in my heart throughout the whole service. That I shouldn't get too comfortable sitting in that service. Cos that's not where I belong. Ok. Got the point, Lord.

But He wanted to drive the point in harder for me. If you've read Alan's previous entry, you'd know that our kids' childcare centre, Agapeland, has been announced to be taken over by Pat's Schoolhouse. But I'm not gonna talk about the Church leadership's decision and the changes we are going to endure. Last nite, the parents (NB: Not all are christians or Trinitarians) had a meeting with Ps Dom to dialogue on this move.

It lasted 2.5hrs and we set through that meeting, watching Ps Dom GRILLED by these unrelenting parents. They questioned his purpose, the church's motives, and our leadership's integrity. In my opinion, they took yesterday's dialogue session and turned it into a mocking session. They questioned him about his jaguar, his lack of understanding and his credibility in the childcare arena, and his poor communication skills and business acumen.

It was angry-fying to see our SP being treated this way. Yes, he can speak up for himself. But still, to see him being "accused" was not a nice feeling. Whether or not we agree with his decision to give Agapeland up, we don't like seeing him being treated this way. To hear people laughing and mocking him.

That's when I realise that in my being is the TCC DNA.
This is my church, he is my pastor. We are co-owners of this building(s) and this House. I will wanna take a position to protect the church, the pastors.

So yeah, I'm strange, for taking so long to be convicted of this. I'm silly, to tie myself down to such a "blind" following. But I'm faithful! I am Trinitarian!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

[To be read with godly pride]
Yo Sally & Alan and all other readers of this blog! I am standing and applauding you for your strong allegiance to both God and Trinity where God has placed and positioned you. I am so absolutely proud of you both. Personally it is a wonderful feeling inside me - seeing my two spiritual son and daughter mature in Him and knowing where they belong. I will not deny that I am a strong champion in this area of loyalty and allegiance - towards our family [to me of course it is the Kangs], my church [Trinity Christian Centre], my leadership and co-labourers [Ps Dom, Leadership Team and Pastoral Team] and my country [Singapore] and her leadership! So kudos and bouquets to you Sal and Alan!
[Pastor Bea]

D said...

glad for u, Sal,as i read it.. for your conviction & decision =)

Anonymous said...

kekeke...i can imagine u guys singing "There's No Place I Rather Be" (ala Kit Chan's style)... ;-P

 
web tracking