Well... like the title says - I'm not a happy VeggieMite today. Because Agapeland is going to be transferred and taken over by Pat's Schoolhouse.
You may be thinking - "But that's a good pre-school institution!". Yes it is true. No doubt about it. I checked out the website, saw the huge accolades, testimonies, etc. But it is also true that Pat Schoolhouse is known for it's high fees.
How in the world are we going to pay for it?!? If I were still in my old job - no problem! I'll pay for it. But both Sal and myself are in CCSS! And we have 2 kids. That'll be $2k a month. How in the world are we going to pay for it??!!?? Sally or myself might as well not work and stay home and home school the kids. Or I'll have to go back to my old job. Haha... or go back to government service.
The news definitely didn't go down well with many parents. I was told one of them commented: "I'm very disappointed".
Right now, at Agapeland, we (staff) still get subsidy. But we're not sure in the new setting. Anyway, the parents are supposed to meet PDom to talk about this tomorrow night. And I was PLam Ee Lin just now. Told her - it ain't going to be a easy meeting.
So, what are we going to do? Sigh. Move the kids to another school? Stay in the school (if there is subsidy, albeit more expensive than previously - which is understandable but what's the fee increase?)? If no subsidy, do we still want to let the kids remain there? how then are we going to pay for the increase in fees?
I guess I'm thinking and guessing too much and being too worried about it - cause we still do not know the details. So, be still my soul. God is in control. He has some plans that we still do not know. So, Alan! Shalom... Just continue to trust God, knowing that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose (Rom 8:28). So, I need to retreat and spend some time with God to still this thumping heart of mine. I serve a faithful God and He will lead Sal and myself through this.
Checking Out...
A very very concerned and disturbed My-Daddy.
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment