Once in a while I get this overwhelming suffocating feeling that something or someone is trying to threaten the peace inside of me. And I get flustered, irritable & aggressive, just to fight them off me. It's especially irk-ful when I wake up to a beautiful morning, kids are wonderful, traffic is great, and then something like that happens. ARGH!!!
Today's one of those days.
She called while we were on our way to work and started screaming in the phone at me. She was obviously angry (at something that had nothing to do with her) and took it out on me. She used words that were vulgar (at least to me) and she only piped down when I told her off. Finally I did it. Enough is enough. I will no longer just keep quiet in the name of whatever faux respect I am supposed to have for her. My previous silence doesn't equate to vulnerability. I will speak up and if she gets angrier - whatever, like I still care. If she doesn't wanna have anything more to do with us, better still. Fed-up.
She stripped away the peace in my heart. Then we had staff devotions today. I couldn't worship properly, neither could I listen to Ps Darick's sharing without her irritating voice coming back to haunt me. But my dear God is always so good. Ps Darick's sharing today was entitled "Shaken". The part where his message spoke to me most was to choose to look at and listen to what is edifying when our circumstances threaten to snatch our peace away. Similar to something God had been speaking to me personally, I need to be on the offensive when it comes to allowing negative words and actions from others affect me. I will choose to NOT exasperate my spirit. I will, if I have to, mentally draw big Xs on these people's faces to axe them out. I will not allow my peace to be robbed!
Help me Lord!!!
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment