Saturday, September 29, 2007

Prayer List - Checked!

Sorry for the silence over the past week... :) We were away for our family holiday in Bangkok, just the 4 of us. More on the holiday later... Now for a Praise Report.

In January this yr, I pasted a slip of paper on my study table in our bedroom. I wrote down 6 items to commit to the Lord in prayer. These "problems", at that time, were issues we've been struggling with. And in my limited vision, I couldn't see how the Lord can answer these needs. Throughout the last 9 months, Alan and I travailed in prayer - asking God to do the impossible. To show us evidence that He is working and that the miracles we are crying out for are akan datang.

Today - God has answered all but one last one! And in our opinion, the "hardest" one to answer of the lot, had just been answered today.

Two months ago, we brought little Megan to her usual eye specialist for her half yearly check. We had been praying that the Dr will confirm what we have been observing in our lil gal's eye condition - that she has improved. We can tell from her drawing, her writing, her observations in the world around her that she is seeing better. But after a rather haphazard checkup, the Dr told us that her condition was getting worse. She needed new glasses cos she is now myopic. He told us there was no way her lazy eyes condition could get better. And worse of all, there was nothing we could do to better the situation.

How can that be?
I just felt such an unrest in my spirit. We decided not to accept the new prescription. We are with our precious daughter everyday. I'm sure we know better how well she is seeing! And so, I asked God, as on the prayer list, to HEAL HER EYES.

I made a brand new appt at SNEC's (Singapore National Eye Centre) paediatric eye clinic. She was to see the Head of the department, Dr Quah Boon Long. After three hours of checking and waiting, we got the new results.

1. She is no longer suffering from lazy eyes IN BOTH EYES.
2. Her inborn astigmatism is reduced to a level where she actually doesn't need to wear glasses anymore.
3. If she continues wearing her glasses and the condition continues to improve, by the age of 8/9, she will not need to wear glasses anymore!

Thank YOU LORD!!! For healing Megan's eyes. We will continue to believe for complete healing to take place in her life.

This is a miracle, just as the rest He has enabled on our prayer list!

1. A financial breakthrough.
2. To bring my Dad back from Jakarta (he'd been working there for yrs) and that he can be gainfully employed here.
3. For the Primary School of our choice to call us for volunteer work so that we can sign Megan up for P1 successfully next yr.
4. For us to go for an overseas holiday this year with kiddos.
5. For Megan's eyes to be healed!
6 of them - all checked!!! Indeed, nothing compares to the promise we have in YOU, Lord. :)



2 comments:

Emma's Daddy said...

that's wonderful! praise God! Megan's eye for pretty things (like the cute sleepsuit for Emma) will only get better I'm sure.. =)

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! I can't emphasize enough how much it was an encouragement to me when I first heard about this on a Sunday. Inspires faith in our God =)

God is faithful to remember and answer our prayers. =)

 
web tracking