I counselled a couple yesterday and another this morning.
It's really sad.
I felt really sad for both wives - one's the victim of her husband's infidelity. The other is the unfaithful one. Both are so young and so gorgeous. And both are suffering because of marriages that are broken. I thought after being in this business for so long (10 years), I'll have immunity already - that I won't feel sad or affected anymore. But I still do. It got me into a melancholic mood for the whole of today.
How do you track when it was when love starts going wrong?
What do you do when you realise your other halve is no longer the person you fell in love with?
Why did God allow love to change when He said once that they were THE ones for each other?
How do we move on in life when we realise that we are actually in love with a memory only?
Ironically, Alan and I had the privilege of being the part of Ps Colin and Susan Lincoln's 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration earlier. It was so sweet & so touching to see them walk down the aisle again. Gosh.
25 long years. Ps Colin jokingly said they didn't have the money then to throw a wedding dinner. And it took him 25 years to save up for this one! haha...
The cool thing about this celebration was that they got Ps Dowdy who was the solemnizer of their wedding 25 years ago to lead them in the renewal of their vows. Even the band was the original band 25 years ago (with the exception of the worship leader - Alan)! Ps Colin and Sue have always been our role models. Can you believe he still opens the car-door for her after all these years! We wanna be like them too! :)
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
1 comment:
Hi Sally,
This is super hilarrious...Like P Colin & Susan as well. I wanna to be like them too...unfortunately jeremy cannot drive and ermm if i drive, i cannot ask him to come over open driver's door right ? but that would be funny and worth trying...lol
....
Post a Comment