Thursday, January 03, 2008

Random Posts :) Blessed New Year Frens!


Happy 2008 my frens!

We pray for your brand new year to be a year filled with new beginnings where you'll see the hand of God move in ways that will surprise you! Where you'll be able to find reasons to praise Him everyday!

Here are some of the things that's been happening in the Sims household in Bishan St 12. :)
Sorry, we haven't been updating. So busy with this and that, but more importantly, we are trying to spend more time with our kiddos. :) Anyways, here are the updates.

1. Alan's finally going for reservist. :D

After being stored in a box and moving homes three times, Alan's boots, No. 4 and helmet finally got to see the light again! For those of you who didn't know, Alan hadn't been called up for reservist since he ORDed in 1998. We don't know why, and have been somewhat glad that he doesn't need to leave us alone to go and "suffer" like the rest of the guys we know. Oh well, I guess 10 years of that is already more than what we ought to wish for! He received a slip in the letterbox 3 week s ago to say that he's got ICT!!! And I kid you not, Alan is actually happy! haha. He couldn't stop telling people about it. :)

And so last nite, he dragged out that box labelled "Alan's Army Stuff" from our storeroom. Took out the stuff, tried on his No. 4 - and just as he'd expected, he needs to get a new set. :) The kids were really tickled when Daddy tried on his helmet (which had funny green slips sticking out everywhere). So I snapped pics.






































2. Megan is starting her violin classes!








She's been bugging us for violin classes since last year. We were worried that it was just a phase and wanted to drag it a little longer to see how long her interest will last. It's been awhile, and she's still asking! And after God and our dear friend Aiwee blessed us with 4 violins, we've now decided to let her try. She's starting at Mandeville Music School @ United Square from next Tuesday onwards. We're all very excited. In fact, this morning, the little gal told me that she dreamt she was playing the violin! :) We'll update next week how her first class went. :)

3. Christmas Pressies!

Thanks so much to all of you who blessed us with so much for Christmas! The kids got lots of stuff they needed and WANTED! :) And as always, we are keeping most of them unwrapped but unopened so that we can open them slowly throughout the year (our way of letting them have new toys to play all year round!). Talk about delayed gratification! haha... And Alan and I have also been blessed with lots of practical gifts, and that's what we like! THANK you!!!
Check out some of our wrappers!




















4. K1 & K2
And lastly! Our little ones have been promoted. Meg's now a K2 gal. There's something about being in the "oldest" class in the whole school. She talks differently, she'll end some of her sentences with, "... becos I'm in K2 already!" or "Now that I am in K2, I ...". Strange as it sounds, there's kinda like a "competition" to see who's front teeth is gonna drop next. And if yours come off first, you "win". Haha. I don't remember if we were like this! Meg just told us the other day that she thinks her lower middle tooth is shaky (but it's really not). haha... I find this qt funny!

And our son is in K1! Yesterday (first day of school) morning, when I was giving him his morning hug, he told me that he doesn't wanna go to K1, he wants to remain in N2 (Nursery 2). When I asked why, he said, "Cos K1 has spelling and 听写." Poor lil boy. I do feel it's a little early to start these, but apparently the school has practiced that for the last dunno-how-many years. Oh well...

Ok, to end off, here are the pics of our K2 gal and K1 boy wishing you a blessed new year!
God Bless!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Wow...Alan going for reservist..Lao Bing! sure very relax one la...don't worry

 
web tracking