Hi frens!
Alan and I recently signed up to be volunteers for Sanctuary House. Nope, it's not a spa or a massage outfit. It's a VWO that reaches out to infants who are "unwanted" or do not have the love and care of a mother as well as unwed mothers who are trying to sort out their lives. You can go to the site to read all about this wonderful outreach if you like to know more. :)
We have volunteered to be weekend emergency infant care volunteers. Weekend - cos we can't afford to look after them the whole week(s), 24/7. Got a request to help out with a newborn Malay baby boy but we couldn't do it for the whole week. :(
So far, we've had a mixture of reactions from people we've shared our intentions with. Some of them have commented that we are "so free ah" or have jokingly asked us to babysit their children instead. My mom also wondered why am I doing this, more so when we won't be paid. Others have been very encouraging, allowing me to share the cause of this venture and the reason behind why we're doing this in the first place.
And if you're wondering, yup, we asked Meg and Joejoe how they'll like the idea. Well, they asked for the baby cot to be placed in their room. :)
I wonder how it'll be like to care for an infant again. I wonder how it'll be like to not be able to kiss a baby like I did with my own. And I wonder if I'll be sad when it's time to give the babies away. I know they may never know we used to care for them. But it'll be a great chance for us to pray over these lives, that they will come to know Jesus one day.
So, we'll like to ask if you have the following you can bless us with to make the stay of these infants more pleasant.
1. Clothes for newborns (boy's and girl's)
2. A cot
3. An infant carseat
4. A sling
5. A baby bathtub
6. And whatever you think a newborn needs. We haven't been parenting one for 5 years! :)
THANK YOU in advance!
So the next time you see Alan or I carrying a baby, he/she is not ours! :)
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
9 comments:
Hi Alan & Sally,
I think what the both of u are doing is something very powerful & meaningful too.
It is your way of blessing those around us who might need some help & support.
It must be exciting! Keep us updated when the first baby "arrives"! :)
We have 2 new packs of Mommy Poko (S size) to contribute...;o)
Do you need milk bottles and milk powder? We have a new tin of Similac, it came with the goodie bag we received at KiddyPalace.
It's really cool that you guys are into their cause. What a wonderful way to minister into these lives. The babes that will come under your care will be so blessed.
Hi.
wow wow. I must say, "thank you for volunteering" on the behalf of the babies.
eh.. how long will this be? is it a long term thingy?
We have the following:
3. An infant carseat
5. A baby bathtub
but my cousin is giving birth in Sep and need these.
Do you mind if we loan them to you until Sep?
We're just one carpark away so it's easy to bring here and there. haha.
drop me a mail if interested.
ariellyp at yahoo.com
Thanks frens, for all your encouragement and practical support! :) :)
I hope we can do this again! hehe, not too confident with newborns cos it's been awhile!!! :)
Roy - yes pls, we would like to take Elaine's carseat. :) Thank you!
Ad - yes pls! We wld like the milk bottles. Altho we do get our supplies (like diapers and formula) reimbursed to us, but more won't harm too, I guess! THANKS!!
Ariel - Thank you for offering to loan us! Could we loan the bathtub till Sept pls? :)
THANKS once again guys!
oh! i have half a pack of drypers size M.
hi alan and sally,
We still have the following to contribute:
1) Newborn clothes.
2) Cloth nappies - Brand new, still in original packaging.
3) Pacifiers - Brand new.
4) Baby laundry detergent - sample bottles.
5) Baby soap and shampoo - travel size. (Cherise cannot use the soap and shampoo cos' she has eczema.)
6) Sling - We have 4!!! Kiasu right?!?!
That's all for now...let us know if you want them ya! We have them all packed and ready to go.
Hi Sally
I can pass you a bathtub...
Hi John, thank you! Will collect bathtub from you then. :)
Hi again Ad! WOW... ok, erm, we won't need to cloth diapers... haha, I didn't even have the tenacity to use them on my own kids! So I'll stick to disposables. :P
As for the rest of the items, YES PLS!!! Esp the clothes and one of your slings. :) Mucho Gracias, thanks to Jas too!
Post a Comment