Monday, February 11, 2008

I've Had It Up to Here!!!

Many many moons ago, there was this boy Di in Joseph's class and he's really a pain.

He bullied Joseph and other classmates. Bit Joseph so many times - 6-7 at the last count. We complained to the school, to his parents, to the church, etc. But that boy still has that streak of violence. Bit Joseph on his hand and his ear - a Mike Tyson wannabe.

We extended grace and mercy. Did not pursue the previous times but Sunday was the last straw.

That boy punched Joseph in his stomach!!! And Joseph was not the only boy or child who received this treatment. And the mother of that child - was only apologetic! Guess what is the reason?? Because he was jealous that another kid Dvn was playing with Joseph and didn't play with Di. And so, that boy just punched Joseph! What kind of reason is that!!??!! There is something wrong with that kid! He should be seeing a child psychologist for assessment to see what is wrong. If nothing is wrong, then perhaps he simply has no discipline at home or his parents did not discipline him appropriately. I'm not saying that we're the best parents but surely, the parenting framework used by the parents is seriously flawed - not kept up with times perhaps (cause they'll say that their older son who is a teen is doing fine).

So, I've really had it up to here... way past my head already... I've extended grace upon grace, time after time. But I've had it!

So, yesterday, I'm forced to teach Joseph how to self-defend himself. If that boy ever lay his hands on Joseph again or push him or bully him or anything at all, I gave Joseph permission to retaliate. And I told the teachers at his childcare, that if that boy received some retaliation from Joseph, please do not come and complain to me because it was in self defense.

I only have that much patience and it has been depleted.

My child will not be bullied and he will not be a punching bag. If provoked, he will retaliate.

And I will take this up to higher authorities. Oh yes I will... enough of Mr Christian Nice Guy whom everyone recognises because you are a "public figure" in church... I am a family man whose heart aches when my kids are being bullied, who have shown much restraint on all accounts. But no more. Period.

3 comments:

Emma's Daddy said...

gosh! after so long and those parents still didn't do anything to correct that kid's behaviour? anyway, tell those parents that there's also godpa here whom they'll have to contend with, if I see JoeJoe subjected to such incorrigible acts by their child. humph!!!

A classic example of parents assuming that ONE "training" method/style is applicable to another kid just cos it worked fine on their first kid(s). That's fine if children are robots, where each can be programmed to run on "Win XP". But the fact of the matter is that no 2 children are exactly the same in every aspect of their character and personality, not even twins.

gotta remind myself that too... =)

~AlanSal~ said...

Infuriating rite?
No words can describe how sum-tong we are. Having said that, I know Alan struggled for a long time to decide if he ought to teach Joejoe to fight (nonetheless, it's "fight-back").
Thanks Godpa, for your support. :)

Noe said...

I feel the ouch for Joejoe. =(
Yes, it is time for self-defence!
嗨呀!(Posing Jackie Chan's move)

Hopefully the parents of Di recognise that their son is in need of help in his forms of expression before the matter gets much worse.

 
web tracking