This year's Valentine's Day is beginning to feel special.
Alan's brewing something this Saturday nite. He made baby-sitting arrangements for the kids, made reservations at a secret place and is all ready to surprise me. :) I'm not a big fan of surprises, usually cos I can't wait that long! But I am really looking forward to this Sat.
After being married for almost 8 years, it takes more to conjure up a romantic evening - somehow, we always end up doing the practical stuff. Not that we don't enjoy doing groceries shopping or going out to get presents for so&so's birthdays. But having a candlelight dinner without having to think about whether the food's child-friendly is becoming a very remote thought. I've long kept away the dresses, the blings, the heavy make-up cos my daily wardrobe is more comfortable now. But yeah, I'm bubbling on the inside at this Sat's nite out with my Valentine, even if it means it's only 2-3hours, it's priceless.
On top of that, my sweet little Megan drew me a Valentine's Day card, but is keeping it a surprise.
And my darling son is starting to say the sweetest things - which is exclusive to mommy, at least for now. :)
The other day before I dropped him off in school, I told him that I'm gonna miss him. Guess what he said?
"I'm leaving my heart with you so that my love will stay with you, Mommy" Haha... Dunno who taught him that, cos Daddy's not exactly that good with his sweet nothings. Maybe that's how he's gonna be, a sweet boyfriend, and a sweet husband to his wife in future. But yup, I am the receipient now! That's one of the privileges of being Mommy, I guess. :P
Here's wishing all you lovelies out there a wonderful love-filled Valentine's Day! :)
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
3 comments:
Joejoe said that?!
My heart's melting already.
Oh yes! Mummy has that awesome privilege of hearing that first! =P
Hmm ... I wonder which of the Js will be capable of that. Heh heh ...
Have a blissful, wonderful & romantic V-day with each other this coming Saturday! =)
wah seh!!! impressed by ur Prince Joejoe... when i read that it reminded me of the fairy tale characters in Shrek 3 haha... all the drama-mama.. just watched that over CNY...
Noe - I guess Javen will be like that! Dunno why, I just think so! haha... You have a wonderful one with Ter too. :)
Jadyn - Shrek 3?? Hope you don't mean I = Princess Fiona and Alan = Shrek???!?!?! Haha... No lah, ours not so drama. :)
Post a Comment