The time is drawing nigh. And we're beginning to see signs of it. It's sprouting up inconspicuously but I can tell that arrangements are being made to shift so that everyone can see and salivate.
It's the season of the dreadful .... yet so alluring... tempting...
Mooncakes.
The beloved mooncakes that both Sally and I have a soft spot for. Ever since HK, when we brought a couple of boxes back from HK, in particular Weng Wah, oh my word! I was hooked.
The more salted eggyolks the better! If I can fill the mooncake with 6 yolks, it'll be heavens!!! But I know that'll shoot the cholesterol levels through the roof! So we can settle for 4 but please please please, minimum 2.
Try imagining this with me - you take the knife, cut it right through and when you open the browned "skinned" round mooncake (which ironically these days, the mooncakes do not look round at all), you see is a very moist eggyolk and lotus seed paste staring at you. They seem to beckon at you - come and take a bite, savour it, and feel the explosion of taste in your mouth - sweet, salty, sticky, overwhelming your senses, creating chaos in your head and heart.
Oh... mooncakes...
oh so yummy, oh so tempting and oh I'm so looking forward to it.
haha... so anyone, if you spot a Weng Wah mooncake, please let me know. (We saw it at the Taka foyer during a food exhibition!).
Happy munching!
Blessings!
My Daddy
The more salted eggyolks the better! If I can fill the mooncake with 6 yolks, it'll be heavens!!! But I know that'll shoot the cholesterol levels through the roof! So we can settle for 4 but please please please, minimum 2.
Try imagining this with me - you take the knife, cut it right through and when you open the browned "skinned" round mooncake (which ironically these days, the mooncakes do not look round at all), you see is a very moist eggyolk and lotus seed paste staring at you. They seem to beckon at you - come and take a bite, savour it, and feel the explosion of taste in your mouth - sweet, salty, sticky, overwhelming your senses, creating chaos in your head and heart.
Oh... mooncakes...
oh so yummy, oh so tempting and oh I'm so looking forward to it.
haha... so anyone, if you spot a Weng Wah mooncake, please let me know. (We saw it at the Taka foyer during a food exhibition!).
Happy munching!
Blessings!
My Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment