Joseph is 5 today!
I'm so full of joy, just looking at our little boy. Prancing around in excitement - because of all the wonderful presents he's received (and receiving) which are all his heart's desires! I feel the tugging at my heart again, missing the baby that he's been to me and anxious to have him grow up into the big boy that he's slowly changing into.
I remember many things about him. I remember feeling him stretch from one end of my womb to the other. I remember him peeing a golden arch at the nurse 20secs after he was delivered. I remember slinging him with our trusty sling and how he would always fall asleep hearing my heartbeat. I remember one afternoon I woke up from a nap and saw him sitting next to a box of tissues and he was having the time of his life pulling out tissues and finding another one after that.
I recall playing hide and seek with him whenever I'm putting the laundry on the bamboo poles. He never liked pureed food, like other babies. Rather, he would always bounce with excitement when he hears me taking out a teething biscuit. He always asks for extended time of hugs and kisses before bedtime and each time he wakes up.
I love his kisses, his tight tight hugs. I marvel at his strength to climb and jump. His laughter is music to my ears and the ringtone of my hp. I love the way he loves his grandparents, his yiyi, his teachers, his friends, his toys and most of all, his dear sister. For me now, a good day is one where I see the two of them laughing at each other's silly antics, hugging and holding hands whole day long. They play so well together!
If you spend a couple of hours with him, you are bound to hear him say something that will make you laugh. He does that on a almost daily basis, but we just dont have the tenacity to blog them all. These are moments we cherish. Whenever Alan or I have a particularly challenging day, we think of something Joseph said, we always end up smiling and feeling better.
We thank God for His creation in our little boy. And pray for him to grow in understanding of God's love, might and faithfulness everyday of his life.
We love you Joejoe! Happy Birthday Son!
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment