Now that the kids are older, we've been encouraging them to pray out loud. They're generally quite comfortable doing that, as long as it's not in front of a whole big group of people. We take turns to pray when we have our meals together. And I'm always tickled by Joseph's prayers. They are so full of faith in what his Jesus can do. Like this one here. Last week, I cooked dinner, and this was what he said.
"Dear God, thank You for making today a good day. Please let mommy's food be nicer than the school auntie's food, because I really like the auntie's food. Thank you for my mommy because she is sooo tired after cooking. Please bless her hands and let her energy come back after eating her own food."
Not too healthy for my self-esteem! My son prefers school auntie's cooking! He always comes back raving about her homemade hamburger, indian curry rice, pineapple rice, ham and cheese macaroni, etc.
Yesterday, I cooked dinner again. And this time he prayed,
"Dear God, we have to eat again. Please bless the food. I know it's nice and please help me to finish it so that mommy will know that I love her food."
Haha... Ok, not too good an advertisement for my culinary efforts... but oh well, he doesn't have a choice! Hehe.
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
2 comments:
Sally!
Ya does not reflect too well on yr culinary skills but I'm a klutz in the kitchen too! Bless my future husband! Haha!
Quite hilarious actually! Sweet Joseph! :)
BTW, my cell's care event (CNY purchasing trip) is confirmed on 17th Jan, fr 9am - 2pm. I tink can oni open2u & yr parents coz foresee the bus to be packed. If otherwise, will let u noe k?
Thanks! :)
wahaha... kids really say the darndest things!!
sounds like u are enjoying your new life as part-time housemaker! :)
Post a Comment