I grew up without a domestic helper. And though the thought of employing one had crossed our minds a couple of times when we had our two babies, we were not comfortable with the idea of having a stranger in our home... It's a mindset lah, I know. So over the years, we managed housework by adjusting (and readjusting) our expectations and standards. Alan's put in more than what anyone would expect a husband to do around the house - and for that, I am thankful. :) But as the kids grow older, we realise how terrible it feels when housework has to be chosen above time spent with them. With my current crazy schedule, it just seems more sane for me to get external help.
So I succumbed. haha...
At the recommendation of Mrs Choe (thanks KH!), we got linked to an agent who plays host to a group of "Pei Du" Moms. These ladies have kids studying in Singapore and job choices are limited. So they choose the slots their kids are in school and go to homes islandwide to provide home cleaning services. The lady I have, Xiao Qiao, is very pretty! She turned up on the first day, all made up, dressed in a tight denim skirt and a very pretty blouse! haha... but she did a good job. Now I have her over once a week, and it's working out well. :)
I dunno if we will eventually have a helper at home. We're still not entirely comfortable with idea. :P Oh well, time will tell!
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
4 comments:
hey! we're contemplating a part-time maid too... but not sure which agency's good
There are a few of us in CM who use such part-time help services. Let us know when you have decided lah! :)
my mummy uses part time housekeeping service too but recently she can't seem to get good ones.
Ariel, if you're interested in my contact, you can email me. :)
Post a Comment