Days. That's how many days 9 years of marriage make up.
We've been married since 1st April nine years ago. There are many memories and emotions. Our children are our "medals" of this marriage - they are the best witnesses of whether Alan and I really love each other. How well do we actually treat each other behind closed doors, and really, does Daddy and Mommy work as a team? It is hard work to make a good marriage great (like the course I teach in Tenet), and as a marriage counsellor, I guess I can say I know how much work is involved to avoid the pitfalls!
We've celebrated our past 8 anniversaries by taking leave and spending a good part of the day to ourselves. This year, after sending Joe to school in the morning, we spent real good and quality time with our princess till she went off to school too at 12nn. Then we drove off to a real special restaurant: Absolute Haven (at Prinsep St) - especially recommended by Alan's friend, Dennis of HGW. Phyllis, the manager, who hosted us took good care of us. She arranged for us a private corner, cordoned by tasselled curtains. All over our table, there were countless pretty rose petals strewn. We felt very exclusive and privileged.
I had been craving for Fois Gras for the longest time. And with this occasion as the best excuse, needless to say, Fois Gras was on our menu for the meal. Absolute Haven is quite well known for their exquisite version of this dish. When it came to us, I was literally watering at my mouth. It was crispy on the outside with the tasty marinate of what tasted like sea-salt. And when it entered our mouths, it melted!! Sheer bliss...
Then we ordered separate main courses. I love my steaks, but had been conscious with my red meat intake. Maybe that's why this tenderloin dish tasted great. Well marinated and not too heavy to the mouth, I loved the tender chewiness and the crusty top layer. Alan had his all-time favourite rack of lamb. He wiped it off quickly - and for someone who is critical and choosy with his lamb, this dish got his thumbs-up. :) If you look closely, you might spot our wedding bands as part of these two dishes. Haha, yeah, we were just having silly fun, posing our rings with the food.
The best part was our dessert... Just as I was wondering what to order, Phyllis brought forth a plate with candles. On it were two slices of tiramisu. But what caught my attention was what was written on a green heart shaped card on one of them. Apologies, can't really read the words in the pictures, I felt bad making Alan wait while I snapped away, so didn't really get a good shot. :P
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
2 comments:
thats nice...:) eh,,why do u need to watch ur red meat intake?
For health's sake lor. :) Trying lah.
Post a Comment