Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sporty Meg and Joe

We are not the most sporty family. Guilty as charged. :P But we try.
We reckon the most important element about sports is that you've got to be enjoying what you are doing as you sweat it out. We're happy to see our little ones enjoying their sports, more and more.

Megan's School Sports Day
She was really really excited. So excited that the first words she said when her eyes first opened that early morning was, "Yay, today's my sports day!" Full marks for enthusiasm. :) That's one of the things I love about her. For P1s, their classes took turns to compete in sort of a relay event. The four teams had to run, hop, balance a beanbag on their heads, swerve round a cone and then sprint all the way back. She was the last in her team to run and had the loudest cheering - the last person in the relay always gets the loudest cheers! Sorry, no pictures for that cos I needed both hands to cheer for my princess too!

But I've got a picture of THIS! Check it out! Her team came in 1st and each one of them got a little golden trophy! It's really quite heavy too! :) She was beaming from ear to ear.



Joseph's Swimming Class
He really enjoys his swimming classes and we heard that he is doing really well with his kicks, floats, bubbles and strokes. So we just had to go see him in action for ourselves. He goes with his K2 class to the pool every week. On Maundy Thursday, Alan and I took leave and went there to surprise him. Gosh, it was more like he surprised us! He had improved tremendously in water confidence and skills. His teacher, Uncle Jason made his lessons fun and intensive at the same time. I like the way he helped the children to understand how a stroke works by showing them the right as well as the wrong way of doing them. The kids were just laughing and having so much fun. Well, I was laughing, and I wasn't even part of the class!

Here are some pics of him in action.




No comments:

 
web tracking