Have you ever heard children singing the kiddy songs these days?
I heard a new song today from Megan... and boy, did she go nuts in the car!
The lyrics went like this:
Down by the bay
Where the watermelons grow
Back to my hoem
I dare not go
Cos if I do my mommy would say
"Have you ever seen a bear combing his hair?"
Repeat first 4 lines
"Have you ever seen a pig wearing a wig?"
"Have you ever seen a goat wearing a coat?"
And I'm reminded of another song that she sang recently... again another hilarious kiddy song. It goes something like this:
Miss Lucy had a baby
She called him Tiny Tim
She put him in a bathtub
To see if he could swim
He drank up all the water
He ate up all the soap
He tried to swallow the bath tub
But it wouldn't go down his throat
Miss Lucy called the doctor
Miss Lucy called the nurse
Miss Lucy called the Lady with the Alligator purse
"Mumps!" said the doctor
"Measles!" said the nurse
"Nonsense!" said the Lady with the Alligator purse
Out! went the doctor
Out! went the nurse
Out! went the Lady with the Alligator purse
Out! went the nurse
Out! went the Lady with the Alligator purse
You can imagine the pleasure I was getting, just hearing my princess singing and dancing... of course, Joe was not left out too. Soon both were singing at the top of their voices and laughing and laughing! What a joy!
And all of a sudden - God dropped something into my heart: If you take pleasure in watching and listening and being entertained by Megan and Joseph, imagine how I would feel, watching you (My children) singing and dancing and worshipping Me?
Just as an earthly father will rejoice and be so happy watching his children enjoying themselves, similarly, our Heavenly Father too rejoices over us, when we worship Him, when we praise Him. As Tommy Tenney said some years ago during one of the service at TCC, my Daddy Loves My Singing! So, forget about the people around you, just sing out for the Audience of One...
And all of a sudden - God dropped something into my heart: If you take pleasure in watching and listening and being entertained by Megan and Joseph, imagine how I would feel, watching you (My children) singing and dancing and worshipping Me?
Just as an earthly father will rejoice and be so happy watching his children enjoying themselves, similarly, our Heavenly Father too rejoices over us, when we worship Him, when we praise Him. As Tommy Tenney said some years ago during one of the service at TCC, my Daddy Loves My Singing! So, forget about the people around you, just sing out for the Audience of One...
1 comment:
Hahaha...I was reading the lyrics and laughing as I enjoyed the visual in my imagination ;-P
Post a Comment