Nineth September... :)
A special day for Alan and I. Our Pak-Tor Anniversary!
9 years ago today, we decided to get serious and committed to each other.
I remember us sitting at the my fave spot along the bank of Swan River in West Australia.
We were confessing how we've been thinking of each other in our a week's absence from each other (we tried not to contact or see each other for a week to seek God's voice in this r/s). I'd written 5 letters to him in this one week! And he had purposely, love-lornly driven past my house countless times to see if he could catch glimpses of me. How sweet hor?
The sweet memory of the day, the feelings I felt, the gaiety in my heart & the look in his eyes - I remember fondly till this day.
9 year on. :)
Gosh.
Has these 9 years been wonderful? Yes.
If I were to choose to walk these 9 years again, I would, with the significant moments intact. Like what we had to go through with his parents. Like nearly loosing Megan when I was only 6 weeks pregnant with her. Like understanding what it means literally to go through the thicks and thins of life together.
I remember when we got married 6/1/2 years ago, we didn't have the budget to get wedding bands. And so we'd used our engagement rings for that purpose, only difference is now we wear them on the ring finger of our left hand (used to wear it on our right).
Last year around this time, we finally accepted the fact that we've put on enough weight and that our faithful ol' engagement rings have really grown too small for us (or is it us who have grown too big??) So we got new ones.
So fun! We went ring shopping... searching for a pair of rings that looked like the Ring from LOTR. Something not too pretty. Not too refined. Definitely not something with diamonds nor design. And we found them finally, at Aspial in Suntec. The real excitement is not in the new rings we wear, however. It's what we've chosen to engrave on the inside of our rings.
On Alan's. it says, "GROW OLD ALONG WITH ME"
On mine, it follows, "THE BEST IS YET TO BE"
A quotation from Robert Browning, it says of our desire for this marriage.
And to quote myself (haha), Alan dear, I want to tell you this.
I want to stay in love with you, and not just stay in this marriage. :)
Happy Anniversary, I love you and I still say yes I do.
Alan: And I do too... Loving you more and more each day... and every new day, a new adventure and like I always say to you - You never cease to amaze me and I have never ceased to thank God for giving you to me... the other French Loaf!
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment