Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Breathing in more Oxygen!

Those who know me will know that I hardly have any green fingers.
I tried, but african violets, moneyplants, even cactuses die miserably within a few weeks of my ownership. Disappointed by my results with them, I once say that I am convinced that I do not have that "chlorophyll" touch within me. SIGH.

It's really quite sad, cos my parents and my parents in law all have IT! For as long as I can remember, their gardens and balconies have been flourishing with sweet smelling plants, plants with beautiful blooming flowers and green fat leaves, and sometimes even fruits like papaya and veggies like pumpkins.

In fact, I remember just at this moment that my deceased grandfather used to cross-breed (or whatever term you call it) fruits and he'll bring home fruits that look like an apple but taste like a mango! Amazing!

So, convinced that I might have inherited abit of that part of their genes somehow, I decided to try again. This time, I joined forces with Alan. We started by getting two lovely looking, low maintenance (we made sure of that with the uncle) plants at the Singapore Garden Festival 06. Check them out:







After a month, we saw that our efforts have been reciprocated with growth and colour! Rejoicing and slightly more courageous now, we went to Ikea and got another few more! Hehe... and now check these out!


Three small little potted plants in one metal boat that housed them together. :) Love the different colours and shapes.



Love this one becos of its bunch of organised mess bursting with boisterous green! We also got a nice silver bucket to go along with it.






And this money plant which we are hoping to steer towards the direction of the sun, so that it will eventually grow all over the window grilles with its coverage. :)


And finally, this big one that has a flower that's all curled up, waiting to bloom! Can't wait! :)

All these have amazingly added a nice touch to our home! Yup, so this is our latest project, will show you pic of flower when it blooms!

Have a wonderful week my frens!

No comments:

 
web tracking