Friday, March 30, 2007

Busy Week

TGIF!
For some funny reasons, Fridays have this effect on me. I always have this thot that the burdens I've been carrying (and carrying for other people) will become lighter over the weekends. Maybe because I find myself increasingly telling my kids, "Tonite mommy's busy. We'll do it this Sat or Sun ok?"

This has been a crazy week. With Megan's Chicken Pox episode leading on from last week. She was so bored at home. Don't think I've ever seen her so excited about going back to school! And it helped that her school teachers and friends missed her so much!

Spoke to many people this week. Here are some of them:

  • A client who was suicidal
  • My in laws who really went overboard with their MLM sales tactics over dinnertime
  • A taxi uncle who went on and on
  • An interviewee (for a position in CCSS) who went on and on
  • Another counsellee suffering from Post Natal Depression
  • A beloved teacher from my kids' preschool who is leaving
  • Three Ebay clients who were V nice
  • Colleagues who irked me
  • Colleagues and friends who edified me
  • My darling kids who delighted me
  • My hubby who tried to understand me (thanks for trying)
  • My crying daughter whom I have to explain that she's stopping her art class soon
  • My cute little son who is at the phase of pretending to be a puppydog and a baby velociraptor
  • Rude lift people whom I "suan-ed" unashamedly
  • Neighbouring colleagues who didn't look friendly but still had to say hi to

Don't you sometimes feel like you just DON'T WANT TO talk one more word to someone? That's how I often feel. But still I keep on talking. Some people I love talking to. Some of them I won't miss v much. Some of them I really don't want to speak to!!! Some talk is relaxing and rejuvenating. Some kinds of talk just drains you dry. Some other kinds of talk will threaten to turn your heart into a stone. And yet, I keep on talking...

Today's blog is a ventilation one. Looking forward to my weekend. Tomorrow I get to go out with my group of mommy-frens for some look-good therapy! YAY!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

 
web tracking