I really don't like you.
Our DNA is really at two different extremes.
You look down on us. You think the least of us, our jobs, our parenting skills. You think we are poor. I tell you, the treasures we are storing up in our Father's Home is much more than all your FDs added up or anything you can ever imagine.
You don't remember our existence, forget our names, don't care about our accomplishments. In your eyes, we are never good enough. The other child is always better. You think you've done so well in your role - trust me, you're a far memory only. You think we love to go and spend time with you because we need you. I tell you, the kids have better people to love and pamper them. They have no lack. They do not need you. Neither do Alan and I. Duty is all there is now.
You are not interested in our lives. Your snobbish nose is already too big and is blocking your eyes from seeing what LOVE should really be like. Not everything is about money. Not everyone is acquainted to you because they are trying to butter you up. Not everyone enjoys being close to you - the truth is, I dread seeing you each time.
I hate your sharp tongue. I detest your table manners. I have long regarded you as someone lesser than an acquaintance. You think you are very clever, that you've seen the world. The truth is, the world has seen you, that you treat strangers better, because you want to suck something out of them.
It's been a decade. You won't change. I don't expect you to. I don't need you to. Go on being the person that you are. You've already lost all my respect, my love and any motivation to try and see you any differently.
I DON'T LIKE YOU.
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment