It's just been a week since Alan's shaved his head.
The kids love "playing" with the new sensation up there. We thought we only had to get used to his new looks.
Am surprised to be hearing lots of comments, some affirming and encouraging. But others are downright rude - a few from the kiddos' classmates (4 yr olds) and a few from Pastors. GOSH! The Scripture is indeed rite when it said that our tongue is the most lethal weapon to tear people down.
The other day Alan and I were heading to the lift and on our way to lunch. A pastor saw him and said, "Ooi, cancer ah?" Gosh! Trust me, I really wanted to give him a piece of my mind there and then! What an insensitive thing to say! And it only shows me how immature he really is. Never mind about not asking why Alan is doing this. Don't bother about basic manners. Don't even think about how that will sound like to someone who is indeed a cancer patient. He was just downright plain rude.
What scares me is this person may one day end up being my children's pastor in our church!
That leaders like these will one day make their people's suffering into a stupid senseless joke that only they themselves will find funny. ARGH!!!!
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
4 comments:
that indeed is shocking...
ooh...tats such a mean comment!! gosh!!! i'm shocked above shock!!! so u guys din say anything in the end???!!!
I would really like to think that it was said as a joke...but then again, it's really not in good taste. Must pray for conviction...
On a separate note, I have another friend who also shaved her head with her son to support the cause (both of them are on the poster). I would really like to do it too if not for the fact that my organisation does not allow it. Sigh...another reason to change job ha ha.
Adrian - the Air Force doesn't allow their pp to shave? Such an irony. Cos NS men shave when they first enter! Oh well.
Rach & Daf - HJ went to speak to that fella cos I told her what he said. Apparently, what he was trying to say to Alan was, "OH, you went for the cancer thing ah." But somehow, he only said what he said. Oh well. Watever lah. I'm choosing my acquaintances lor.
Post a Comment