I'm finally back at work. And feeling better.
Still on my medication. Have a look at all the med I've had to take over the last two weeks.
Strangely, you'd think that if I'm not feeling tip-top yet, I should still stay at home and rest more ya. Well besides the fact that I've taken 8day of MC already, I was beginning to miss work quite a bit. So I'm quite happy to be back at work.
Like yesterday, I had meetings through the afternoon after lunch. But felt energized by all the discussions I had with my co-workers and all the adrenalin rush of having to meet bottomlines and all... I felt hunger pangs for the 1st time in 2 weeks! haha...
And so with the little revived appetite I had, we decided to treat Megan to her current favourite restaurant - J8 Sakae Sushi. She wanted to eat the Cha-Soba there. This is her little reward for getting full marks for the 1st ever 听写. Check it out below:
A bit sum tong to see her stressed by this first test of sorts in her life. I was trying to tell her that there was no need to be stressed - cos these are characters that she already knows and i see her practising them and so she is trying her best! So I said that whether or not she gets them all rite that day, she'll be getting the reward.
Hmm...
Next Mon is Spelling!
Anyway, back to my Sakae Sushi Story.
As I was slowly gaining back the wonderment of eating through that bowl of Miso Chicken soup, guess what? I found a bug. I thot I was seeing things - maybe it was a chao-tarred piece of garlic or something. Then I saw the little legs, all six of them. GROSS.
I called the Manager, and showed her. She took it to the chef and showed him. And they verified that yup, that's a veggie bug. This was what I told her, "Great, now I've really lost ALL my appetite." I was feeling really weak and told her to just take that bowl away - cos just then I saw another half a bug floating to the top of the soup. ARGH.
She was very very apologetic (that, I appreciate) and offered to strike that item off my bill.
And also to offer us a complimentary tempura ice-cream. Well, I thot that would be safer since it's deep fried rite? So the kids had a special treat that day. Not to mention that I think they had fun with the discovery of the bug and all. haha.
And in case you are wondering, nope, no photo of the bug. Don't wanna put you out of your appetite. :P
TGIF!!!
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment