Friday, August 10, 2007

I've Been Tagged: 4 things About Myself (Alan)

I'VE BEEN TAGGED!!! :-) So here goes... (sorry... i abit cheong hei... reminiscing the old times)

Four Jobs I have had in my Life:
- A Timezone Game Assistant in Australia (part time job). I get paid to play games, clean the place, almost beat up some druggies who are trying to steal in the shop.
- Store assistant in my dad's shop - sell rice, carry rice bags, carry cartons, tie bottles of soy sause, weigh the red/green beans, collect money, etc.
- Credit Analyst for AMEX (when the Blue Card was launched)
- Human Resource person with PMO, and thereafter, middle management at the Civil Service College, Institute of Policy Development. So, I'm an ex-civil servant. Proud to be one for that season.

Four Place I have Lived:
- Thomson, behind Thomson Plaza (previously more popularly known as Thomson Yaohan before the company left or collapsed) and Yew Lian Park (behind Longhouse)
- In town opp the current Bugis Junction, at Tan Quee Lan Street (before the whole row of shophouses was torn down. Those days were pretty fun. Opp my shophouse, was a bar and you can see these aunties soliciting for clients to go in and drink and sometimes there'll be a brawl. And incidents of python - cause my grand-dad's company had several shophouses to store his goods like rice, cartons etc. And that attracted lots of rats and therefore, the python, who will time to time, eat up - correction - swallow the rats).
- Farrer Road - our first love nest at Block 8. Good place to stay. Very expensive though. Fond memories of that place.
- Bishan (where we're currently staying now).

Four Countries I have been on Vacation:
- Australia, Gold Coast (for our honeymoon - God bless an ex-colleague for blessing us with a tour package. It was for Korea but the itinerary has a lot of temple visitation. So we topped it up to head for Gold Coast.
- Hong Kong. Fond memories of the Wanton noodle. Not so fond memories of the water dripping all over the place, from the air con vents.
- US/Canada Route. Went to the West Coast. Visited the usual places like LV, LA, Universal Studios, Disneyland, Vancouver.
- of course, Malaysia, where we go for our retreats/summits ever so often. hahah.

Four of My Favourite Food: Actually, I like a lot of food. Can't say what is my favourite. But here's 4.
- HK Roast Meats. I'm a Char-Siew/Siew Yok person. So, thank God for a good one near Paya Lebar called Kay Lee. You should give it a shot. It's not too bad. But getting on in years. So, under strict orders from my dietitian, aka Mrs Sally Sim, I've cut down drastically on the Siew Yok.
- CKT: Chay Kway Teow. Again, seldom eat them now.
- Chicken Rice: Love the one at Kim Sa Leng in Bishan. Good chicken rice for a very very reasonable price.
- I love pasta!!! especially those cheesy type.

Four Places I Would Rather be Right Now:
- A good coffee place with a book. I'm reading several books right now eg "How People Grow" by Dr Henry Cloud and Dr John Townsend, "They Call Me Dad" by Ken Canfield (Founder of Centre for Fathering US), another book on Raising Musical Kids and a couple of others....
- Somewhere other than Singapore (ie, places that are family-kids friendly) for a family vacation eg Hong Kong, or Australia (my other homeland), or US Disneyland.
- A Nice Spa holiday with Sally alone, without the kids
- Maybe a pool

I can't think of anyone else to tag. Noe's tagged the couples i know who are blogging. hahaha.

So, sal, you're next.

My Daddy signing out.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Emma's Daddy said...

char siew? heh! just found a great chinese restaurant (Overseas Chinese Restaurant) in KL that had great char siew! so good that we had to place an order in the morning before heading there in the evening.. so good that we had it for "appetiser" to start off our meal, and as our "dessert" to end off our meal.. we should go there together sometime.. perhaps a drive holiday to KL.. hahaha

 
web tracking