I'm going bonkers crunching numbers. So, I'm taking a break by thinking of my kids and thanking God for the church, for DL, for working in my kids, for drawing them closer to Him.
Just 2 days ago, I was walking around the house, and all of a sudden I hear a small voice mumbling and talking. I turned around and saw Joseph, still mumbling under his breathe. And so I asked him - "what you doing son? who were you talking to?"
"I'm talking to God daddy. I asked him to not to let it rain so that we can go swimming." And I stood amazed, processing what I've heard and saw and thanking God quietly - that Joe has learned to go to God in prayer - for big and small matters. Eg keeping mommy safe, good weather for a swim, a holiday, for the teachers in the school, etc.
Megan too has been praying quite a fair bit. Agapeland gave her some slips of papers to colour, with some cartoons that exhorted the kids to pray. And she stuck them by her bed so that it will remind her to pray and talk to God.
Just the other day, Sally went over to their room and started talking to her and she replied, "Mommy, I'm praying. Talk to you later k?"
???
What can we as parents say - except thank You God! It's definitely not us. We're not perfect parents. We tried to emulate for them so that they can follow but sometimes we slip.
As an old saying goes - it takes a whole village to raise a child. In our case, the kids are also influenced by the teachers in school (Agapeland), the teachers in DiscoveryLand, our families - mom and dad, yiyi; our cell - especially the kids' cell, our friends. But most important of all, God is drawing them to His heart.
Father in Heaven, continue to draw the kids so that they can be a boy/girl or a man/woman after Your heart, like King David.
My Daddy.
Broadway Musical MaMa Mia! is in Singapore
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment