Tuesday, October 21, 2008

She's growing up!

Almost every other day I'll get a comment that our little Megan is really tall! Almost everyone who tries to guess how old she is, will guess she's 7-8. Well, she' s got tall parents! What do you expect? :P

We are always amazed at how much she's grown. And recently, we've been given another hint that she's so over the kiddy cartoon characters she used to love sooo much. Joejoe wanted to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on TV first. She went along with it for about... 5 mins.

Then she came to me and said, "Mommy, I'm so bored." I was a little surprised cos I hardly ever hear her use this word. We did some chores together and then I decided that it was her turn at the TV. I took the remote and flicked a couple of channels. Suddenly, we saw a snippet of "Hannah Montana" on Oprah and she shrieked with excitement and said, "Mommy! I wanna watch Hannah Montana!" Hannah who??? Mom's scratching her head and wondering who this character is! So I watched the entire episode of Oprah with her, finally knowing who's Hannah, who's Miley Cyrus, who's Billy Ray Cyrus and how much this pair of father and daughter love each other. :)

Megan's never been an ultra girlie sort of little girl. She's not into Barbie, she doesn't enjoy dressing up in princess frocks and tutus. She would very much rather pick up a book and read.

So when she started showing interests in Hannah Montana, her dear Daddy got her the CD "Best of Both Worlds" and she loves it!!! Doting dad! :)

Anyways, here's the series of cartoons she love(d).



First on the list: Elmo in "Elmo's World"

Next, Hi-5. She loved dancing along with all 5 of the original characters. We heard recently that only Kelly and Nathan are left from the original cast with 3 new ones...



Oh, the good ol' purple Dino. We loved Barney and his sidekicks (BJ and BabyBop) cos we felt they had a way of teaching the kids important values while encouraging them to stay kids. :)



Blue and Steve! Every morning we would watch them look for clues and solve the missing thing of the day. It was fun! And we would go to the library and borrow all the books that had Blue inside. :)


Mickey Mouse! The first of the lot that required some thinking. :P The bright colours were eye-candy for the kids. And of course, they love the "Hot Dog" song. PS: Joejoe can dance like goofy!



I enjoyed Dora together with them! She, Boots and Diego make the kids think and solve quizzes and problems on their journeys together.



And now, we're at Hannah Montana. :) And I just found out too, that Popular sells the series of books with the same title too.

I skipped the Princesses (Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White and company) cos she had always been only ok with them, never crazy about them...

Oh well. Part of seeing our children grow up... is to grow along with them. :)

2 comments:

Fi Oh Na! said...

I like the drawing of the big fat iguana on the tree that Joseph drew! The many shades of green made the iguana looked quite real (though am not a fan of reptiles)

He sure has a talent for art & draws WAY much better than I did when I was his age! Always kena scolding fr my teacher one!

~AlanSal~ said...

Hey Fiona! Thanks for the affirmation! :) Yes, we're really proud of him and really look forward to seeing his art pieces every week after his art class. It's a good way for him to express himself too. :) And yups, he's also much better than me during my schooldays! So I think that part of the genes is not from me! :P

PS: Sori, didn't get to stop and chat in church yesterday. :)

 
web tracking