Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Moments worth living for.

It's so amazing how much there is inside of each one of us the capacity to love. The last few days, my son Joseph had been battling with a bad bout of fever and the usual peripheral symptoms. Alan's away at ICT, and so I took leave to look after Joejoe (Alan and I usually take turns to stay home when one of them is ill). With Alan on a 10am to 10pm shift, this means I'm pretty much on my own the whole day, cos by the time he comes home, it's around midnight.

Compared to some of my friends who are wives of SAF regulars, I suppose I have nothing much I ought to complain about. And not that I am a stranger to waking up a couple of times a nite to sponge him and feed him paracetamol - but it is still exhausting.

But I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed spending the last three days with Joseph and Megan... and the housework. For once, I can leisurely clean my floor, do my laundry, scrub my toilet floors. I realise I actually enjoy doing them! What frazzles me, I suppose, is when I have to do them and I do them grudgingly. Going to the markets, cooking lunch and dinner actually has been fun. :) I am able to make sure we eat nutritious food, putting in a little more time and effort to make sure the dishes are pretty to look at, instead of just good to eat, but not-so-pretty.

Maybe it's just one of my love languages being spoken by spending time with Joseph 24/7. Despite him being sick, he's still game for a little fun. So we've been reading, playing, cuddling, tickling and tumbling. It's great fun to just be so close with him...

A sweet moment this afternoon that melted my heart. We were at Subway sharing a 6-inch sandwich. While chomping on his favourite ingredients, he picked out a heart-shaped pickle, passed it to me and said, "I love you Mommy." So sweet. Brought tears to my eyes.

Tomorrow I'll be back at work.
And I'll be dreading it. Not that I don't like my job, but perhaps in this season of my life, I think I'd really prefer to be working at home. Earning a salary through moments like the "heart-shaped pickle" moment. Sigh.

2 comments:

TheMammy said...

Oh *heart melt*! Joejoe is so sweet!

D said...

so sweeet... blessed family!

 
web tracking