Monday, December 22, 2008

Giving Gifts

This Christmas, we wanted to give something to some of our friends that would be extra-special. My primary love language is GIFTS! And I really hate the feeling of giving something for the sake of it because I had to keep to budget or I didn't have time to find something really suitable... Not that my friends would mind, it's just me lah. So, this year, Alan and I chose this idea: Mix-in-a-jar.

We bought empty glass containers from IKEA, found an easy and colourful recipe - “M&M's cookies Mix-in-a-jar". Got the various dry ingredients from trusty Phoon Huat, measured out all the ingredients and filled the jars up, layer by layer.

It was quite a bit of work, but we love the finished product! We then decorated the jars with ribbons of our fave colours (orange, brown and white), and handmade the gift cards we designed ourselves. Printed the recipes and our personal greetings and attached them to the jars. Voila!


Unfortunately we are only able to give this to friends who've got an oven in their homes, so that they can actually use the contents of the jar and bake the cookies. We love the thought that our gift might help them spend time with their loved ones and they've got something to enjoy at the end of that time together! :)

Blessed Christmas Friends!



No comments:

 
web tracking