Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Headless Happy Chicken

I dunno if it's just me. I think Megan looks happier. And chubbier. haha... finally. And she should, cos being around with her every morning, I now see how she's loves to eat and drink and munch. Typically my schedule now looks like this:

730am Alan leaves for work at Buona Vista
8am I feed the kids breakfast
830am Megan and I drop Joseph in Kindy 3 mins drive away
845am We visit the supermart or wet market to get groceries for lunch and/or dinner
930am We're home. I get onto the chore for the day and she does some work on her own.
1030am I start to cook lunch for the two of us.
11am I pack Megan's lunch box while she eats her lunch.
1115am Meg finishes her lunch and takes a rinse and changes into her uniform. I eat my lunch.
1145am I shower while she watches abit of Hannah Montana.
1215pm We head out to send her to school.
1245pm I head to office.

On some days, I cook dinner. Some days, we go to J8 and grab a yummy lunch. She goes to school at different timings on some days. I go to work till 545pm, rush off, thinking about the mountain of things not done. I drive to Joejoe's Kindy (have to reach there before 7pm, if not got penalty) then turn into the next street and wait for Megan and recognise her by her beautiful sweet smile that's always there when her eyes find me in the sea of parents. Then we'll meet Alan for dinner. :)

I feel like a headless chicken. Cos I feel stressed about watching the time, trying not to get anyone late.
Not to mention that I truly miss being so close in proximity with Alan after seeing him 24/7 (almost) for three years! I can stare at our family organiser everyday, going through the dates and days and wondering what else I've missed out. An excursion? A party? A family gathering? Alan's serving? I'm serving? Meetings outside of office? Dr's appt? Etc. Etc.

But I'm happy. I enjoy spending that extra few hours with our little girl. And I feel so much closer to her. I know who's who in her class and I get to get creative at her lunchboxes and see it coming back all wiped out at the end of the day. This is what I've been wanting to do and even though my pay is halved (tho not the workload!), I am happy.

:) :) :)

No comments:

 
web tracking