Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What a difference a day made!

I think I must've sounded really bad from the last post. I was really tired when I wrote it, culminated with the feelings of Alan about to fly off to Vietnam, it became a really depressing post, I think. Some friends got worried after reading. But for these friends, I am thankful always. Knowing that it was a stressful and difficult time for me, these sisters checked on me daily, offered to drive over, offered to help with the kids, gave me words of encouragement and let me know that they believed in me! I don't know if I've been such a friend to them too, but after last week, I told myself that these are friends I want to keep for life and be the friend to them like they are to me! :)

Well, Head Over Heels Couples Run is over. All the accumulated stress leading up to that day has now been released finally. The nite before, I left the kids at mom's as I needed to leave the house for ECP at 4am. It was the first time in 9 years (I think) I slept alone! Some colleagues were worried I wouldn't wake up in time - in case that became the BEST sleep I have in 9 years! haha... but nah, I still woke at periodic times, but didn't have to get out of bed to go check on the kids.

Thank GOD for the glorious weather on Sat! It was a beautiful day at the ECP, complete with breezes periodically. We had received lots and lots of gr8 feedback from this year's couple runners, and really, as someone from the team who took this on from the beginning, my heart leaps with joy with every positive feedback! THANK YOU GOD!

After dragging myself out of bed from my nap to bring Meg for her swimming class, the moment we've been waiting for came. In the evening, we left for Terminal 2 happily - our favourite man is coming home!!! YAY! It was so good to see him. When he was walking out from the gates, I looked at him and saw how handsome he is. Isn't it true that some things (or people) lose their lustre in your eyes because you see them too often? Just that 3 days away did the magic! haha...

How the kids missed Daddy! They climbed all over him, surrounding him with hugs and enveloping him with mountains of kisses. I didn't get a chance to talk cos they were exploding with so many things accumulated to tell Daddy! But just having to hold his hand while we walked to the carpark and knowing that he is back with me is good enough for me. Talking can wait. :)

I remember thinking to myself before I dozed off to sleep that nite - I was dreading 28 March. But it turned out to be a really good day! Thank You for giving me all the extra I needed for the day - strength, energy, a learned tongue, wisdom and joy.

No comments:

 
web tracking